【11】- Mistook a Rat for a Pineapple

[A/N] - Originally going to keep Chapter 10 longer, but I didn't know when I could successfully leave you all on some cliff hanger.

My eyes widen as she disappears as quickly as she came.

"Did you hear that?" I harshly whisper in my comms.

"Yes, who said it and where?" Graves responds.

"Downstairs, floor below. Waitress, blonde hair in a low pony-tail, 5'4. She a red lapel in her pocket."

I can see two plainclothes stand up from the dining hall and talk to one of the managers. Bravo Team isn't taking any chances.

I just keep my head up as I head back to the girls. A waiter just brought the food, but with the incident below, I couldn't take any chances. While the girls were taking pictures, I carefully unlock the services provided in my leather bracelet as I click for a scanner. This will let me scan for any know chemicals or poisons in the food. I quickly stretch my arms back and let the scanner do the work, quickly putting my hands back down and waiting for the results.

Beep

"What was that?" I look at Rosé with the most confusion I could muster and just shrug my shoulders. These girls aren't as clueless as I thought.

"Nevermind, let's eat." She quickly grabs her spoon and chopsticks and digs in. Before she can put it in her mouth though, Roth "accidentally" bumps into her, causing the food to spill on the table. She gives an annoyed look as Caine takes the dish she was about to eat and brings it to the other table.

"Sorry girls," he calls out, "The kitchen has to recall this order of..." he stares at what he's holding, trying to figure out what it is. "Pineapple fried rice! Someone mistook a rat for a pineapple...and you can't eat this." He hurries before they could question it. Smooth Roth, real smooth.

Rosé just sulks in her seat, but Jennie immediately gives her a lettuce wrap and she calms down. I just give a curt nod to Roth as he throws the rice into the trash when the girls weren't looking. There was a sleeping drug in the rice, everything else was clear though.

"My team just swept the floors, couldn't find anyone with a red lapel," Smith reports. I guess we'll just play the waiting game. Taking my phone out, I take a quick 'business call.' The girls won't be able to hear what I'm saying, but it's an easy coverup as to why I'm talking to myself.

"Graves, don't let anyone in, employees as well. We will notify them when we're done," and with that, I put my phone away and apologize for my rudeness.

I scan the horizon and see the chopper that arrived in case something went wrong. The girls, however, were oblivious. I looked at the food spread in front of me.

I didn't know how, but the girls demolishing all this food. I don't think the pineapple fried rice would have mattered. I can see my agents eyeing the food while they "scan" their surroundings.

"I hope you save us some leftovers," Smith asks.

"Never," I say half teasingly and half serious.

I grab my bowl of rice and put some of the fish and kimchi in it. I didn't eat much though, there were more pressing things to deal with.

"So what do you guys, want to do this week?" Jisoo asks, trying to start a conversation. I just play with my rice as the others answer.

"I want to go outside, can we go on a hike?"

"Sure Rosé, just don't wear slippers and come prepared this time," Jennie remarks. A few snickers can be heard through the comms and at the table. I just keep looking at my rice bowl, trying to figure out what that waitress was doing. Just when I think I've figured it out, I get a call. A real call this time.