【16】- Eyes of the Princess

Jennie's POV

My eyes slowly open as I feel the driver stopping in front of my house. I wait for the door to open when I realize that Manoban is asleep. The driver realizes this too and he says something in his, or what I assume is his, earpiece. Before he could do anything though, I opened the door myself and then opened Manoban's.

I unbuckled her belt as I carefully picked her up. I could see the eyes of the nearby security who eyed me carefully. They weren't worried about me hurting myself, they were just surprised at my actions. I usually don't care about my security detail.

But something is different about this one.

I make it halfway to the door until someone stops me, firmly holding my shoulder. I turn around to see one of the newer guards. I wasn't really paying attention when my father formally introduced them all to me. All I know is that he hired some extra guards for me from an external company somewhere in South Korea.

"Miss. Kim, let me take Ag- Uh, Manoban off your hands." He opens his arm and takes a step forward.

"I'm fine. I'll take her to my room." I turn to leave but he keeps his other hand on my shoulder.

"Alright, Miss. Kim. If she's not up by 11:00 PM please wake her up." I nod as he slips something into his pockets, but I pretend not to notice.

I'm supposed to be the oblivious daughter, heiress to the largest company in South Korea. But my innocence died when my sister died.

I enter the house, heading straight up the stairs to my room. I punch in the security code as the doors to this section of the house open, making a right to go to my room. I know her room is right across the hall, but I would most likely snoop through her stuff and that wasn't very polite. So, I just put her on my bed.

She must be really tired since she didn't even wake up when I took her pants off. I struggle to get her pants off her feet without waking her up, but jeans were certainly not the right thing to wear. When they're off, I grab a pair of my jean shorts and a loose sweatshirt from my drawer. She looks to be my size, so hopefully, this will fit.

I put the shorts on her and then work on the shirt. I carefully move her arms so that I could take her jacket off as well as her black shirt. I have never seen Manoban in anything other than black.

Wait. That can't be her first name, can it? I don't even know her first name.

I scowl at myself as I continue to change her. When I lift up her black shirt, her hand involuntarily reaches for mine. I hold my breath as she just mumbles something and then releases my hand. I turn my attention to her shirt, which is almost off when I notice a long horizontal scar going across her stomach.

I look at it, confused. It's not a birthmark, since the color is different from the rest of her pale skin. I look at it carefully, it just recently healed, it couldn't be older than two weeks. But she was with me for most of those two weeks.

Then my mind flashes to something she said when we first met.

"I was just captured, tortured, and imprisoned."

I thought she was joking back then, but I guess not. I continue to stare at her stomach, gently touching it and her toned stomach. She's so thin, I'm surprised she can handle herself.

"She's been through worse." I quickly retract my hand and look at the door to see a brown-haired man at the door.

"Williams?" I ask quietly.

He smiles and walks to me. "You can call me Spencer." I nod my head as he looks at Lisa.

"She had a rough childhood." He says suddenly. I look at him, confused as to why he's telling me this.