【41】- The End is Not Near

A/N - Sorry for not posting! I've been toying around with some other ideas that have come to mind.

It's been three months since I last saw my family in person.

Lily lost her first tooth the other day, and I missed it. Caine and Roth had their baby boy, and I missed it. White graduated with her doctorate degree, and everyone went to celebrate, but I missed it. I missed everything.

I hear footsteps coming up to me, and then a hand on my shoulder, "I know you miss them, Lisa. But we still have a job to do." I nod towards Graves.

Until I can fully transfer my Special Agent position, or we completely eliminate the position, I'm still active on the field until I reach the age of retirement for field agents. I'm only 27, which means I still have another few or so years before I reach the minimum age of retirement for field agents and I can fully settle down with Jennie and my family.

Of course, I'll still be working with the Agency as the General, but I won't have to be away from home for long periods of time.

I've missed so much of my kid's lives because of this job. When Ella first learned how to walk, I had to watch it through a screen. Sometimes, Lily and Ella would both go to Jennie for support, instead of me. As painful as it is, I understand them. I haven't been there for pivotal parts of their childhood.

"Come on, Lisa. We need to go." I get up from my seat in my room. Picking up my jacket, I walk towards the entrance of Palacio de la Zarzuela where Sofia and Leonor are. Both of them are in their school uniforms, waiting by the car. It's pretty odd to see a Korean young adult trailing behind the Princesses of Spain, but the media has calmed down quite a bit. I enter the passenger's seat of their black SUV. Both girls are in the back, talking about who knows what as Graves starts the car. Fortunately, his Spanish is better than his English, so I don't need to translate anything. As we pass the streets of Madrid, I fiddle with the necklace on my neck. It's almost 4 PM in Korea. Jennie would be getting ready to come home from work in her father's company while the kids were being watched by a nanny.

Just a few more days, I keep telling myself. A few more days and I could go home. But then a few days passed, and then a few more.

"Why haven't we caught this bastard?" I ask Graves, my voice low enough so that only he could hear.

He glances over to me, offering a sympathetic look, "I don't know Lisa. Your guess is good as mine, but we did get a lead. It's been confirmed by three sources and we've been given the go-ahead from HQ. We'll be flying back to Korea tonight if this goes to plan."

Finally, some good news.

"Alright, ladies. Off to school," I tell the two of them as they get escorted out of the car by some Spanish officers. I trail behind them, walking them into their school and into their classrooms. The stares I've been receiving have died down, since it wasn't normal for a stranger, specifically one that was clearly not European, to be following the Princesses of Spain.

As they both enter their classrooms, I run out of the school and back into the car, urging Graves to head towards the safehouse that we've been using as an HQ. He drives as quickly as he can, ignoring most of the speeding regulations before parking quickly into the driveway of the house.

"What do we have?" I ask, announcing my presence to the ten men surrounding a table full of maps and pictures.

"While the girls are at school, Xavier will be in his club, getting ready for a party. We have both you have Graves on the VIP list, meaning you get early access to everything. Graves will pose as a potential investor, while you're just trying to get over your husband cheating on you. Get Xavier drunk enough and get the room cleared as best as you can. We already have a warrant for his arrest, but bringing him in cold will do as well." The squad leader points to several pictures and a list of all the VIP members. I nod my head as I look at the list, only a small number of people. Good.