【1】- Prologue

Agent Manoban's POV

"Target is in-sight, he's currently going to the drop-off point. He has the brief-case in-hand. Be careful Manoban, he's killed a lot of Agents."

"Jesus Brendan, you scared the living crap out of me. Turn your microphone down before I remove my earpiece and go full solo."

"Commander Phoenix wouldn't be too happy about that"

"Commander Birdy can suck my a-" A hand covered my mouth before I could finish my snarky remark. I rolled my eyes, this is a situation that happens too much in the movies. I wonder what happens next. Oh! I was right, a chloroform rag was held to my mouth as I started to blackout.

"Manoban? Are you there? Respond? Did something happen?"

I started to muffle my reply when I could feel the chloroform taking effect. Damnit, I should have at least been able to get another 5 seconds before getting knocked out. I can feel my vision fuzz as I lose consciousness.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I wake up in the same predicament as always, gagged, bound to a chair, and a knife in my sleeve. Amateurs. Can't even search their hostage. I flick my wrist a few times until the knife sheathed in my jacket pops out. It's small, barely two inches long, but it'll be enough to get me out of here.

Right when I start cutting the ropes, I hear the door opening. Let's see how attentive they are. I keep my face blank and stare at the concrete wall in front of me. Two men enter the room in simple black t-shirts and jeans, while a man in a business suit walks in behind them. I can see that the two burly men are armed, simple glocks. The businessman doesn't seem to be armed. But then again, I know agents who could hide 5 different weapons in their suits.

"Let's cut to the chase sweetheart, why are you here." One of the burly men said, crossing their arms.

I simply looked at them, confusion all over my face. All I had to do was delay them for 15 more seconds.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

10..

"You were found on the roof with a sniper rifle, a fine one if I might add. Maybe I should keep it." the Businessman chuckles to himself. I barf in my mouth.

6..

"Oh, that thing? I don't know what you're talking about sir. I think this is a misunderstanding."

3..

The Businessman's face darkened, he knows I won't be going without a fight. A simple nod towards one of the Burly men and he smacks me. It stings, but I've been punched far worse in training exercises. It felt closer to a kiss than a smack. But it seems to have knocked some sense into me.

"Oh, that gun! Well you see, I have a logical explanation for that. You see...I..hm" I tilt my head as if thinking for the perfect explanation, buying myself more time. But I didn't need it anymore.

0..

I snap the ropes binding me and headbutt Burly #1 in front of me. Sadly for him, he wasn't ready and stumbled back. Burly #2 took his gun out and aimed it at me while Mr. Businessman ran like a girl out of the room. I grabbed the gun pointed at me and pointed it up before he shot at the sky, smacking the gun out of his hand and onto the floor.

The other Burly was coming at me with a crowbar. Seriously, he HAS A GUN. But whatever, I won't complain. I simply angle my punch and hit his jugular causing him to choke. I didn't break it, but he won't be breathing properly for quite some time. The other Burly stared at me, eyes widening. I slowly turn towards him.