【6】- Blood, Sweat, and Tears

Agent Manoban's POV

I wake up, but this time I'm on a couch in a safehouse. I look around and see that I'm in the medical bay connected to our barracks. I groan as I turn over to see White typing on her computer. When she sees my movement, she puts her computer to the side and forces me to stop moving.

"Manoban, you've been out for almost a day. The blood loss you've suffered is severe but we were able to do a quick transfusion when you passed out. You're still suffering from two broken ribs, and the fracture is healing nicely. The gunshot wound to your leg was the main cause of your blackout. We've stitched up most of your wounds, but you shouldn't be moving for at least a week. Graves is waiting for you upstairs."

I nod my head, "Thank you, White." I began my walk towards the drawers.

"You also need to change your bandages soon," she calls out to me. I just nod my head in response. I hear her getting up and soon she's by my side offering a crutch to help me move around. I contemplate about taking it. When I finally do reach out for it, I lose my balance and White needs to catch me. I just grumble some choice words under my breath as I continue to walk towards the drawers and select a nude-colored earpiece. Fiddling with the frequency, I hover it over my face.

"Manoban here. Meet me in the office."

I take the earpiece and put it back where it belongs. I look over to see the shooting range. I feel for one of the knives I keep in my boot and I take it out. I steady my hand and aim at the farthest target, just inches away from the brunette's head and throw.

Bullseye.

Right in the heart of the target 50 meters away.

I turn around to see Caine at the foot of the steps, gawking over my marksmanship. She just points back from the target to me, her question plastered all over her face, How the hell did you do that?.

Ten years of blood, sweat, and tears.

"You should see what she can do when she's not injured"

I internally grin as Graves comes downstairs out to help me. He's seen what I can do when I'm in my top performance.

Peering into the office, I take my seat on one of the couches. I motion for all five of my agents to take a seat as they walk in,

I just nod at White, "I'll change them after I brief everyone on what's happening."

When everyone sits down, I motion for Graves to give me a quick status report.

"The Jennie doesn't suspect anything. She got downstairs but I just memory sprayed her and set the timer for the next morning, so if anything, she'll think it was a dream. I also think she thinks we're serial killers." I scowl at their foolishness. You can't just put a door and expect her not to walk through it.

"Put an optical illusion on the door. Have them see a closet or something. But continue."

"Mr. Kim has cleared any event that involves his daughter, but he wants to make sure that he still gets out and isn't cooped up in the house." I just nod my head, motioning him to continue.

"No threats have been met to Mr. Kim or his wife. Bravo Team has the two houses directly next to us. This location should keep us off the radar for some time. That's all I have." He looks towards the other four agents to see if they have anything else to add.

Taking their silence as a no, I begin with what I know. Or with what I want them to know. "We all know Ghost is here in Korea. So, I'm going to tell Mr. Kim to be cautious of everything. Bravo team will focus mainly on him and his wife, you all will help me with Jennie. This will give us some time to get some more agents here, preferably from our Taiwan or South Korean division. I'll speak with General Aeternum about reinforcements. For now, don't let any of the girls out of your sight. If you need to act annoying, do so. Any questions?"