【22】- Champion of Hot Wheels

"Wow, is that Manoban? She actually looks like a girl!" I flip Roth off as I walk down the stairs.

"Wow, is that Roth with combed hair?" I shoot back, giving him a smug look. He glares at me, but I just continue down the stairs.

"Are you wearing any body armor under that?"

"Yes, I am Graves, the invisible type that could be shot through. Newest gadget." I retort. I can hear some snickering through the comms as Graves just glares at me from the front door.

Jennie's already at the door, patiently waiting for me in her sheer lace dress that goes down to just above her ankles. The sophisticated lace layer adds a nice touch of elegance and the lines of sheer show off her toned legs. A leather belt is snugly fitted on her stomach, a nice contrast to her face and to the dress.

I swallow a lump in my throat that I didn't know existed until I tried speaking.

"Miss. Kim." She turns to me, a black clutch in her hand. She looks at what I'm wearing before smiling and walking towards me.

"Thank you for wearing something nice."

"Thank you for letting me take you out." I take her hand and lead her to the car, opening the backseat to allow her to slip in. I sit in the passenger's seat as Roth slips into the driver's seat.

"Which maniac let him drive?" I jut a finger to Roth who gives me a hurt expression.

"Excuse you! I am an excellent driver." He says defensively.

"In what? Hot Wheels?"

"I'll have you know I'm the Champion of Hot Wheels!" He sticks his chin in the air and gives me a slight pout as he feels his way to the keys to turn the car on.

"Just don't drive with your eyes closed," I say, shaking my head. He looks at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes as he turns the car on and then shuts his eyes.

"Don't you even think about it." I say, without even looking at him.

"You're no fun." He pouts, opening his eyes and then following the escort of cars. I just roll my eyes.

This is going to be a long car ride.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Roth has just finished singing the latest Ed Sheeran album for the second time. Jennie seems to like it, while I just cover my ears and try to think of something to get me out of this situation.

"We're here!" Roth announces as he pulls into the restaurant. Now, I'm not a religious person, but thank the LORD we were here. I don't think I could stand another minute of Roth singing "Shape of You."

Graves enters the restaurant while I help Jennie out of the car, offering my arm to her which she takes. We enter the restaurant with four agents escorting us in a box formation. There's not much media thankfully, so we'll most likely get to enjoy a peaceful dinner.

The waiter leads us to the back where I reserved the entire patio for our dinner. The patio overlooks the Gulf of Thailand and the small beach that the restaurant is built on top of.

I'm not going to lie, dinner was boring. Although I am a Thai, I've only been to Thailand a handful of times, all of which were strictly for business. The culture to me is a bit weird. I can speak Thai well, but I don't know much about the food, the clothes, the locals, nothing like that.

"What would you like, Jennie?" I ask politely, scanning the menu.

"I'd like this one..." she points to a picture before scrunching up her nose. I cock my head to one side.