【27】- I won't tell if you won't tell

(A/N ~ One of my longer chapters).

"Ah, there's my baby girl! How was your trip to Thailand?" Jennie runs to her father who hugs her tightly. I can see her trying to mask the pain of her ribs as he squeezes the life out of her.

"It was great dad." She manages to get out before he lets her go. He places his hand around her shoulders as he walks her into the house, a platoon of men following him. I soon get out of the car as well, walking towards the entrance of the estate with my bag when I hear screaming.

I don't even bother to look as Jennie is bombarded by Jisoo and Rose. The girls make their ritual squealing noises as they rush Jennie to her room. I just shake my head slightly, letting a small grin slip onto my face as I head to my room opposite of Jennie. It's only 10 AM, but the house is busying themselves with whatever they need to do. Apparently, there's going to be a party for Jennie at the end of the week for her birthday.

I then realize what I have planned for the end of the week.

I'll be leaving her on her birthday.

I push the thoughts past me as I unpack my things in my room.

She's still apart of my mission.

I grimace when I think of the mission. It's just the next mission, that's all I've ever known. But now, this mission is changing my perspective. Is this how my mother felt when she met my father? I sigh in annoyance since this is nothing like that. My father was an agent himself, and he knew the truths of this world. But Jennie? She didn't. She is still an innocent little girl who doesn't know much of how cruel people can be.

How cruel a heartbreak can be.

I'm not blind, I see how she looks at me. She tries to deny it with her own version of a cold demeanor, but deep inside she can't deny it. I grab Nyx from my bag as I slip her onto my holster and take my post outside Jennie's door as I continue to think.

How am I going to say goodbye to her?

She's going to notice that I'm gone the next day. What is she going to do? What are her parents going to do? I mentally bang my head against a wall as I think of her parents. They've slowly trusted me with her and now I'm going to break that trust by just walking away. But it's more complicated than that.

By going through with this plan, I'll be indirectly protecting Jennie. But she won't know, and she may never know.

I put a hand on my head as I try to sort out my thoughts. I'll tell them all eventually.

I'll stay for her party, I promise myself as I straighten out my posture, removing my hand from my head and putting it behind my back. I squint my eyes, trying to read the digital clock that's 20 feet away on my dresser in my room.

It's almost noon, which means the girls are going to come out for lunch soon. Jisoo's the first to come out, then Rose, then Jennie. I trail behind Jennie as she heads to the formal dining room, where her father and mother are already sitting. My eyes meet Graves, whose standing slightly to the side of Mr. Kim. I take my place on the left wall behind Jennie, across from Williams.

We all stand loosely at parade rest as the Kims and Jennie's friends eat lunch.

"So, Jennie, are you excited about your party?" I look at Mr. Kim, who raises his eyebrow, anticipating his daughter's happy response.

"I am, dad. What's the theme?" She says, patting her mouth with a napkin.

"I was thinking traditional, or masquerade." I look towards Graves, who focuses his attention on me as well. A masquerade is not the best for security reasons. He mouths to me to step in and say something because masquerades can go horribly wrong quickly. I look at him like he has three heads, mouthing out something on the lines of "Why me you butt?"