【37】- Family Reunion

Agent Manoban's POV ~ Two weeks later

I look at Aeternum through the two-way mirror. I'm off my crutches and out of my sling, but I still have multiple bandages as well as the brace for my ribs. I was supposed to keep the sling on for another week, but I saw no use in it since I can move perfectly fine. I can fight decently well, but my endurance is lacking due to the injured ribs. I press a button on my side of the mirror, turning on the audio.

"I still don't know why I'm here." I narrow my eyes as Aeternum continues with his innocent act. He drums his fingers on the table as the agent in the room continues to question him.

"So, you've never had contact with Agent Bam, better known as the Ghost?" The agent looks at his papers nervously, then back at Aeternum.

"No." Aeternum focuses his eyes right on the two-way mirror, staring right into my eyes. I don't even acknowledge him as I turn to the other mirror on the opposite side, where Jungkook is restrained and questioned. I turn on the audio as I listen to the conversation.

"Was Aeternum working with Ghost?" Jungkook glared at the agent before staring at one of the concrete walls. The agent clears his throat, "Sir, you're going to have to answer the question."

I turn off the audio for both rooms as I exit the watch room. I push the door open to Jungkook's room, staring him down as I enter. "Close the door on your way out, Agent." The agent doesn't question it as he walks out of the room, giving one final glare to Jungkook. I sit on the table, my back facing Jungkook as I pull my hair in a high ponytail, making sure that he can see my back.

I purposely wore a shirt that exposed some of my back, as well as my shoulders and arms. Guilt-tripping is low for me, but at this point I just needed answers. I look at my nails as I feel Jungkooks eyes on my back. I turn around, meeting his gaze. His eyes cover most of his emotion, but I can still see something. Regret? Sorrow? Pain?

"Yes?" I ask sweetly, getting off the table and pulling an extra chair from the wall, sitting in front of him. He says nothing as he continues to eye the bandage on my right shoulder that covers part of my chest as well as most of my arm.

"I didn't know he would do that to you," he quietly mumbles. I bite my tongue, trying not to lash out at him for 'not knowing' what my psychotic brother could do. I open some files on the table and slide some pictures to him, which he lazily glances at before looking at the wall.

"Was Aeternum working with Ghost?" I continue to stare at him, watching as his eyes hinted at something different. He slowly turns to me, shaking his head and giving me a small smile.

"You misunderstand, Lisa. Aeternum wasn't working with Ghost. Ghost. Ghost was working for Aeternum. At least that's what Aeternum thinks." He pulls out his phone before handing it to me. I cautiously eye him before I pick it up, scrolling through his messages.

"And Ghost did nothing to counteract this?"

He shrugs before taking back his phone and opening it to a new screen, filled with notes. "He was going to use Aeternum to keep you off his back. Phoenix was informed and sent you at the last minute. Originally, it was just supposed to be Alpha Squad going to protect Jennie."

I stare at the notes. Before walking out of the room.

"Hey, wait my phone!" I ignored his calls as I closed the door to his interrogation room. I pulled out my own phone, quickly sending a text before re-reading what Jungkook's notes said.

It suddenly made sense.

Well, sort of.

The cold shoulders Aeternum gives me, the withholdment of information from specific missions, my training regimen.