【26】- Dead man walking

"I love you, Pranpriya, but that is a very stupid idea." He says in a low voice.

"I know. But I have a plan." I scribble something quickly on a note pad, holding it up for him to read as I continue speaking.

"I will meet with Ghost, have a change of heart, and ask to join him in revenge for her death. I will have two other agents there who think I am there to capture him. I'll 'kill' them. He will believe him if I wear this." I point to my necklace that he gave me the day of my father's funeral. The day my brother promised to protect me, and the day he promised to kill anyone who harmed those he loved.

He looks at my plan on the paper, and then he looks at me. "It's never going to work." He says, throwing the papers into the shredder.

"You didn't even look at the papers!" I say, glaring at him as he just gives me a flat look.

"I did, and I'm saying no."

I turn around, throwing my hands in the air, "I'm doing it anyways" I mutter under my breath.

"If you do it, I'm suspending you and telling your mother." He calls after me before I slam the door in his face. I go downstairs, huffing on my way down before the Chief exits the office. I sit on the couch, eyeing him very carefully.

"I hope my granddaughter takes care of you all, and that she doesn't do anything stupid" He looks at me as he says the last part. I just roll my eyes and shake my head as some of the agents in the room laugh.

"I will be taking my leave now, good luck to you all." He gives one final salute before exiting the house. I stand up and address the room.

"We leave to go back to South Korea tomorrow morning. It's currently 6 PM. I advise you to rest and prepare to get up early. Dismissed." I then walk back upstairs, removing my formal attire and putting on some comfortable workout shorts, and keeping my sports bra on. I grab some earbuds as I walk down to the basement, making a pit stop at the kitchen to grab some water.

In the basement, I put my stuff down next to one of the punching bags before plugging my earbuds in. I start rapidly attacking the punching bag, starting off with a few punches, to full-on assaulting the bag.

I keep moving around the bag, trying to find it's weak points as if it were a person. I study the chain as well, looking to see if there were any weak links holding up the bag. Satisfied, I kick the bag, watching the chain snap and the bag falling onto the floor.

I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. Turning around quickly, I see Jennie in her own workout attire. I glance at the clock at the front of the basement. It's 8 PM, and she's down in the basement. Taking my earbuds out, I give her a confused look.

"Can we spar?" She points to the mats behind me. I smile at her as I put my earbuds next to my bottle of water. She leads me to the mat and gets into a fighting position. For the next three hours, we spar.

I got relatively easy on her. Whenever she makes a mistake, I correct it and then let her apply that correction to either disarm me or throw me to the ground. She learns rather quickly and is able to get a few decent hits on me. Whenever I'm about to land a fatal blow, I always stop and backup, explaining to her what I did and what she should to counteract it. I also avoid throwing her on the floor. Instead, I just hold her a few inches away from the floor, before letting her get up.

"You're improving," I tell her, while taking a sip of my water.

"I work well with good teachers." I smile at her as I grab a pair of sweats and a loose t-shirt, slipping them on before pointing to one of the drawers. "You can grab something in there if you'd like." She nods her head and rummages through the door, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a matching sweatshirt.