Thirty One

VOTE AND COMMENT 💓💓 and enjoy!

a few things:
1) Inkett username: louiistyles
2) references to bday outfits are alllll the way at the end *if u wanna see it before reading*
3)this chapter is very long but breaking it up messes w my layout, so take ur time & enjoy! & sorry for any mistakes y'all smh

Ant POV

"Let's see... Oh this one is nice, I think she'll like this, right?"

It's been two days since I killed them two people that targeted my daughter. This my first time even referencing to it since then. The last time I spoke about it was the same time I told Cam and Taleah what I had did. I been trying my best to keep everything I witnessed far from the front of my mind, trying not to let it get to me too much— it's hard when you a father, though. I can't just not let something like that get to me. The whole situation from the way I saw they was talking about her, the thumbnail of that video, the plotting, the pregnancy— all that is just on a weak ass pause in my mind waiting to disturb my life the minute I don't have anymore distractions.

And today might be one of the biggest distractions yet, so I got to take advantage of it. Like they say, the calm before the storm. It's my kids sixteenth birthday, also the first birthday i ever been out of prison for and Cameron and I have been in this mall for about an hour now, buying gifts for our kids. Cam already got all his when we first got here, so now he's just trying to help me out. He's holding up a bag to me right now.

I snap out of my own mind and stare at the bag Cameron is holding up to me. I been telling him they all look the same, but he insists that they're all a different design and color. I honestly would have just picked up the first bag I seen and called it a day. Not like we in a rush for anything, but Cameron been in here stressing over bags that look the exact same. But if he say they different, then they're different I guess.

"You know better than me," I say.

Cameron purses his lips at me, "Come on Ant, choose," he whines. "Whatever you—oh wait." He
holds up a different bag with a hopeful look in his eye. I mean, this one I could actually tell the difference compared to the other bags. It got pink flowers and furry shit on it. I nod at him.

Cam opens the bag up and looks on the inside, "Oh yeah, she will love this. It's pink on the inside too. How much is this?" He checks the tag and the look on his face says it all.

"How much," I ask.

"Five thousand," he sighs and puts the bag down.
I wasn't expecting to be paying for something cheap when he brought me into a Louis Vuitton, so I don't know why he tripping. I look around for a cashier or something so that we could get the bag and go.

"That's fine." I look around for somebody, "I need this." I tell a worker that's passing by.

In total, I ended up spending a little over fifty seven hundred with tax and everything. Five thousand dollar bag that does the same shit as one from the dollar store, but if that what she likes then that's what she gets. Now, I just need to get Aj something.

"Aj likes chains. If we can find a good jewelry store, that would be a nice gift," Cameron rubs on my hand as we're walking through the mall trying to figure out what I'm gonna buy my son.

"Chains like what? Gold chains?" I laugh to myself. Designer bags and gold chains, huh. Not even gon' lie, these some expensive ass kids. Shouldn't they be asking for books and gift cards, the fuck is this.