Ten

VOTE AND COMMENT💕💕💕

Cameron POV

My 5am alarm wakes me out of my sleep. I don't even remember falling asleep last night let alone coming to my room. The last thing I remember is Tyler telling me to breath slowly in the midst of my panic attack. Everything after that is pure blank.

I peel the covers off of me and shut off the piercing ringing sound. I've got to get ready for work then get my kids up for school. I don't feel like going anywhere today. I'm so tired and spaced out. But, I can't call off of work. My students need me to be there and they shouldn't have to be deprived of learning for my personal problems.

I stand up and I see that I'm still in my day clothes from yesterday. I always change into my pajamas, everyone knows that which leads me to the conclusion that Tyler had brought me to bed last night and didn't want to wake me.

When I'm finished taking a shower, I put on a grey sweatshirt and black jeans and sneakers. I take a look quick in the mirror and I don't like what I see. My eyes are so red and puffy, my skin looks pale, my hair is a mess. I don't remember the last time I got my hair done.

I sigh in aggravation and try to flip my hair to different sides in hopes that I'll be satisfied with at least one style, but it just doesn't work. So I opt for leaving my hair as it is, a curly mess on top of my head.

To try and get rid of the redness in my eyes, I put eye drops in my eyes, and then run some ice underneath them to get rid of the puffiness. I try convince myself that it actually makes a difference in my appearance but it really doesn't, I still look like I've been up all night. I give up trying to improve my looks and finally decide to just wake my kids up for school.

"Taleah, wake up baby. Time for school," I gently shake her and she opens her eyes. I kiss her cheek "wake up."

Once I'm sure that she's awake and isn't gonna try to go back to sleep, I leave her room and go to Aj's. I hesitantly push open his bedroom door. I'm surprised to see that he's already awake and dressed.

"Early morning?" I ask and get no response. I smile sadly at him and lean against his door frame, "are you okay?"
It's not like him to be up so early and already ready for school. It's a good thing, but since it's Aj it's actually worrisome.

He coughs a few times and he's nearly wheezing. I knew that he was sick yesterday. If he had just let me help him, maybe he could have been better by today. He coughs loudly again.

"Aj, go back to bed. You can't go to school like that," I say with worry laced in my voice. Whenever any one of my kids are sick, I can over react at times. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. "I'll make you some tea baby, hold on."

I rush to the kitchen and Tyler's sitting at the island with his head down in his arms. His back is slowly raising up and down slowly which tells me that he's asleep. He too is fully dressed which confuses me because what can he possibly have to do before 5:50am. I tap his back.

"Ty."

He doesn't wake up until I tap and shake him a few more times.

"Oh shit. My fault, I ain't mean to fall asleep here." He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and stands up.

"You know I don't care about that. Are you okay though?"

"Yeah I'm good."

"Why are you all dressed up? Are you going somewhere?" I ask in confusion. Tyler clears his throat.

"Nah, nah. I just went to seven eleven at like 3am," he starts blinking fast and Tyler does that when he's lying. But I won't question him any further if it's personal.