Twenty One

VOTE AND COMMENT 💖💖💖 sorry for any mistakes.

Aj POV

We been in and out of this hospital for a week now. I ain't been going to school, neither has Taleah. The most we been doing is going home with Uncle Tyler to recuperate but then we come right back to the hospital. Uncle Tyler been in and out more than the both of us because he say he got something important he needs to do. So he's usually here every night and then he leaves. Auntie Zaniyah been here a lot too. Ain't nobody tell her what happened before he had a stroke. Everyday I been hearing shit from Uncle Tyler and Taleah and I really don't need nobody else to be lecturing my ear off right now. So it needs to stay like that.

I been trying to stay away from that topic anyway. I don't want to talk about it. Matter fact, I don't want to talk about shit. I don't want to talk, I never do. I should've kept my feelings to myself if I'm being honest because now it turned into something it ain't have to be. I messed up when I decided to start getting emotional like a bitch and telling niggas how I been feeling. This why I stay to myself.

Now we gotta deal with all this now that papa is in the hospital. They say he's making a little bit of progress but it's nothing significant. We waiting on him to wake up, that's all we really concerned about right now. Taleah been losing her mind everyday that passes where he don't wake up. For her, it's feeling like its not gonna get no better, and wholeheartedly, I feel like that too.

"Guys," I turn around and uncle Tyler is walking in. He's holding the 15th batch of flowers he's been bringing since this past week. There's flowers all over the hospital room. Like, he can't even see these shits so what's the point. He places them on the windowsill and then holds his arms open. Taleah is the first to hug him. I wasn't planning on getting up to go to the other side of the room but uncle Tyler wouldn't put his hands down unless I did. When I'm near him I try and hug him briefly but soon as he got both of us he wraps his arm around us and kisses us nonstop.

"Y'all good?" He asks and both Leah and I shrug. Uncle Tyler manages to guide us to the mini couch, that wasn't there before but is only there because uncle Tyler been using his fame for special treatment for Leah and I, and sits in the middle of us and holds us close. He closes his eyes and leans his head back. He lets out a deep sigh.

"Relax Aj just let me hold y'all," he says when I start pulling away. I don't like being hugged for long periods of time, I ain't Taleah who wants to be held 24/7. I can deal with my own emotions without a hug. But with uncle Tyler, there is no way out of one.

"Y'all gon' be alright. Believe that. Imma make sure of it," he sighs.

"What is you on about?" Taleah asks now sounding worried.

"Nothing babygirl, I'm just letting y'all know y'all gonna be alright, don't worry. All this will be behind us soon. Everything is gonna fall into place," he squeezes us tighter.

"Are you leaving again tonight?" Taleah asks, "because it sounds like you tryna kiss ass." she jokes.

"Not tonight. But I'll probably be gone tomorrow morning," he says and Taleah rolls her eyes.

I slowly work myself out of his grip so that I could go use the bathroom.

"Where you headed?" Uncle asks and I motion to the bathroom.

"I probably go out for a while..." I add because I need to get out this hospital room.

"Where you going?"