Twenty Two

VOTE AND COMMENT 💖💖💖💖

sorry for any inaccurate hospital scenes, i don't have much experience with hospitals but i tried my best wit some research😔 oh and sorry for any grammar mistakes, the app was glitching a little while i was writing so if random words is in random places im SORRY.... enjoy 💖

AJ POV

"Uncle Tyler," I quietly try to shake him awake, but he don't move at all. So many thoughts is going through my head right now and it's hard to focus on one. With him staring at me, I feel like this isn't really happening right now. Like I'm hallucinating. I tap him again but I'm stopped.

"No, Aj," he whispers weakly through tears "come here."

Part of me is scared right now. Not of him, but of this whole setting. I don't know what he wants to tell me. I don't know if I'm dreaming or what. Hesitantly, I stand up and approach the hospital bed.

"Sit down." He whispers.

I sit in the chair next to the bed.

"Look at me."

It takes me a minute but soon I'm able to turn my head and look him in his eyes. He manages to smile at me, "Hi baby," he slowly lowers his hand and lightly caresses my face. His hands find its way to my eyes and he starts wiping them, "don't cry my love, don't cry," he pouts and I lower my head and cover my face using my shirt. I didn't notice I had even started. But I can't stop. His hand finds its way to my head and he rubs the back of my neck. "I'm so sorry," he sobs with his voice going in and out. It's so quiet that if there was any other person whispering with him, I wouldn't be able to hear anything he is saying. But even with it being so quiet, I ain't never been so happy for him to say anything to me. Just the sound of his voice.

We stay in silence for a while until I finally gain the courage to lift my head up and look at him again. His eyes are closed, and I panic. I grab and squeeze his hand and as soon as I do he opens his eyes and my body slightly un tenses. I slowly try to pull my hand away but he doesn't let go of it it.

"I'm right here, I won't leave you"

He sounds weird, like his tongue is too heavy for his mouth. Each word he says is missing a letter and it sounds slurred together. I stare at his face and something is different, but I can't put my finger on it. He tries to smile at me again now that I'm staring, and I see what's weird about his face. One half of his lips are not moving at all. From underneath his eyes to his chin on his left side it seem like that whole area is just not moving.

He lets go of my hand and I watch him slowly lift his right arm first, but then he doesn't do anything with his left arm. He turns his head and looks at his left arm in confusion and his body language shows struggle, but he's not moving. He stares at his arm for a minute and eventually sighs in frustration, closes his eyes, and lays his head back. Even with his eyes closed I see the tears seeping through falling down his cheeks onto the white hospital sheets.

He starts mumbling words to himself and the more he mumbles, the more tears fall. I hear the words "why" I hear "no" and I hear "not like this" repeated over and over again before it suddenly stops and he lets out another sigh. There's something wrong with him. He ain't acting normal from the way he's talking, to what he's saying. And half his face ain't moving. I stand up from my seat next to him and call out for uncle Tyler.

"Uncle Tyler," I call out but my papa tries to get me to stop.

"I just want you and I right now," he says unclearly. "Tomorrow," He mumbles. I'm not hearing none of it. It's like there's weight on my shoulders just looking at him let alone hearing him speak to me. I tap my uncle now, more like shake him aggressively so that he can wake up. He opens his eyes slowly and he's about to ask me what's wrong, but as soon as he looks past me he hops up out of his seat with gaping eyes.