Fifty One

vote and comment. most of all, enjoy💓 sorry for mistakes

FIRST TRIMESTER

ANT POV

"This the last of everything man." The fat nigga that been driving the truck and running back and forth dusts his hands off. I look around me and in the truck to make sure they ain't miss nothing.

"Aight," I nod to thank him, pulling out my wallet.

"Of course. You and your family have a nice home man, congratulations."

"Yeah," I say. I take out four hundred and give it to him as a tip for him and his partner who been helping too. He thanks me then finally turns around to leave. As I'm mindlessly watching them drive off, a arm sneaks its way around my torso. Could only be one person.

"Finally," Cam says against my back, "Now all we have left is to...unpack the boxes," He sighs, backing up completely. Yeah that's gon be a lot of work but I could get it done. He don't have to worry about it.

I turn around to be face to face with him, and I catch him staring at his new house. Bout a month ago I let him pick where we would stay. I always wanted to give him that choice. Whichever he wanted long as it was in the right area. He ended up picking a five bedroom house that the sellers ain't have no problem with me paying them in cash. I paid it all up front. And now this his house.

"You like it?" I ask since this is his first time seeing it in person.

"I love it...I'm excited, this is gonna be different. In my lifetime I've lived in LA for sixteen years. Then Brooklyn for eighteen. And now, we live in Virginia Beach. We actually live together," he repeats slower the second time. Yeah. It shouldn't be crazy but it is. "Me and you. And our kids," he smiles. Then the tears start. "Oh my gosh."

Since I know he bout to cry, I wrap him in a hug and let him hide his face in my sweater. When I came to the decision that I would move my family, the only thing that made sense to me was to move them to Virginia. For multiple reasons.

One reason being cus I'm paranoid. What Cam said about me only being able to keep them safe if they around me really got to me. And I fear that I might have unfinished business over here, so to make sure it's taken care of I had no other option but to bring my family with me. And of course I feel more at ease cus Rue is dead, but I still need to make sure.

Second reason is cus I'm used to it. Ion wanna have to navigate a new place with my kids and with Cameron. Ion wanna be confused and shit, don't really know how to get around without a gps. Ion want my family to be confused and I'm confused right along with them. So since I know Virginia like the back of my hand the same way I know New York, I figured here is the best place.

Third reason was for my kids. Especially my son. I know Taleah is good anywhere she go. My daughter got a lot of her personality from her uncle so she's outgoing and can make friends anywhere. My son, not so much. But I know he already got his friends out here, and from what I saw they was helping him come out his shell a lot. And I know he don't be talking to just anybody so it's not like we could go somewhere else and he make friends there. I didn't want to take him away from that and have him mad antisocial and quiet again, so that played a big part as to why I chose to move here for good.

And the last reason is simply cus I thought Cam would like it over here. I know he likes a lot of space, and he likes beaches and shit. We right by the water. So yeah. He told me he would love to live in Virginia so then I went ahead and told him start looking for a house.

Cameron looks up at me, tears in his eyes, "This is all kind of scary and surreal. But I'm happy for change. Change usually means things are gonna get better."