Forty Two

vote and comment 💖💖💖

sorry for any mistakes but most importantly, this chapter is long so enjoy! 💓 there's a few POV changes. they'll be marked with this emoji: 👁

AJ POV 👁

"Hi baby!!" Zyier cheeses, stepping outside of his house.

I hold my arms open, and after mad long of not seeing each other, we hug. I just got back to Brooklyn yesterday. I was gonna come see him yesterday, but I was tired and was sleep for like fourteen hours or some shit. I ain't mean to sleep that long, but I went into the room just to put my things down, took a shower, and next think I know I'm waking up at 7, 8am. I told Zyier I'd be over early, and I made it here at like 10:30. He knew I was home, and he been excited to see me ever since I told him I was coming home. Five months is crazy, but I couldn't do nothing about it. I can't get to Brooklyn from Virginia by myself. I mean, I could figure it out, but my daddy would never let me.

"Damn," Zyier backs up a little bit, looking me up and down. Then he backs up completely, "It's different seeing you in person." He grins. He been telling me over FaceTime how much I changed, so it's not like he hasn't seen me. But I guess it's different when I'm standing in front of him. "You know how fine you are?" He grabs my face, pulling me into his shoulder. "I gotta hide you baby. I wish we could go inside." He jokes.

"Come on," I laugh in embarrassment. I know I might look a little different, but he shocked like I was ugly before. Unless he knows something I don't know. I don't want to know if that's the case.

Zyier bites his lip, studies my face for a second, and then leans in for a kiss. We would've stayed at his house, but he was telling me his mom has family over so we gonna find someplace else to be. He could have came over to my Uncles house, but it's too much going on over there. Too much to think about. I'm trying to distract myself from a lot that's happening now and what happened in the last five months, and that's not gonna work if I stay in that house for too long.

We decide to go iHop to get some breakfast and catch up and stuff. I'm just shocked the nigga didn't suggest Wendy's. That's the only place he ever wanna go. But he's the one who said iHop in the first place. That's cool with me, I'm really just excited to be around Zyier after a long time. We obviously FaceTime and all that like I said, but it's different when he in my face for real.

"Damn it's packed," Zyier says when we reach the closest iHop which was only like a ten minute walk away. We didn't even have to go inside to know that, the whole parking lot is filled with cars. I don't wanna go in. At all.

I try to hint that we should go someplace else, "It's a diner by here." All them fucking people crowded in that little ass iHop. Somebody in there is gonna bump into me on accident and that's gonna irritate me, so I rather not even put myself in that position.

"Okay.." Zyier smirks at me in confusion like I said something irrelevant. If I bring up a diner and we at a packed iHop, what's the confusion.

"Let's go there instead." I explain anyway besides my frustration. It's not even that serious to be getting mad over, I just think I'm already mad at the sight of all those people in there. Sticky ass tables probably barely wiped down cus the waiters is tryna bounce from table to table. Probably gon be sitting in there for thirty minutes before they could even get to us—no. I'm not going in there.