Eight

Vote and Comment 💕

Sorry for mistakes

You gon' need a aspirin or two that's all I'm gonna say, y'all might hate me but enjoy anyways☹️ This will be in two parts.

Part 1

Cameron POV

"Hello?"

"Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center."

"Yes, hi. I'm calling to request a phone call."

"Name."

"Cameron Jackson."

"...husband of Anthony Jackson?" She asks with irritation laced in her voice.

"Yeah."

She sighs on the other line, "Baby, this ain't nothing new. He can't receive sporadic phone calls. You know this."

"I'm just calling to see if he's okay, just this once can I talk to him."

"Anthony is fine baby. He woke up this morning, threw out his breakfast meal like he usually does, and he's in the yard now. He's functioning normally. He hasn't uttered a word to anyone, he's a bit on edge. But he's good."

"Just- can I just speak to him. I'll pay, I'll do anything."

She sighs again, "Call me again at 8pm. If I let you get that phone call that's definitely the last one until next year, understand?"

"..Yeah, I understand," I say goodbye and hang up the phone. This past week since Anthony's phone call and the incident with Taleah, I've been trying to call him at the prison every day and each and every time they tell me no. I need to know what he was talking about. And I need to make sure he's okay after what I told him about Leah.

We have not moved on from the situation, but we've tried to keep Taleah's mind on everything else but that. The last thing I'd want is for my daughter to fall in a depressive state.

Tyler and I are still trying to figure out how to handle who did this. I mentioned getting the police involved but he was totally opposed to the idea. He said it was too late and he didn't feel satisfied with the form of punishment they would get. He wants them gone for good. I don't know what he's up to but this whole week he's been having secret phone call conversations, and from the sounds of it they're pretty violent. I don't know what he has planned, but I want him to be careful. I don't need anymore people that I love going to prison. My heart can't take that.

Overall though, my baby has been okay or at least putting on an act that she's okay. She's laughing and smiling every now and again, but I can see it in her mannerisms and see it in her eyes that the situation is hurting her . I've made it clear multiple times that she can talk to me about anything if she wants but she always says the same thing, 'Papa, I'm okay now. I don't want to talk about it.'

I just don't want her attitude to be a false cover up for how she's really feeling because that can eat you alive. I know from experience. Plus, she's usually okay during the day but I have no clue what goes on at night. I don't know where her mind is while she's trying to fall asleep, and those thoughts are the most toxic if you don't talk about them.

Even if she doesn't want to talk about it, and whether she has healed from the incident or not, I will deal with who caused this, and clearly it has a lot to do with Malaysia. The next time I see her, I don't need anyone restraining me. I told Tyler and I told Zaniyah. If we ever happen to cross paths again just let me do what I have to do. I'll deal with the consequences after, but I won't be able to control myself if I ever see her again. Between you and I, I have been looking for her on my own every single day. Every time I get off of work I stop by places that I think she would be, but I never find her. I've been by her house multiple times already. I'm eagerly waiting for the day that she comes out of hiding.