Twenty Eight

VOTE AND COMMENT 🎅🏾🎁💖

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
*mention of rape
*mentions of abuse

read the authors note, i have a question for you guys AND a surprise 👀. enjoy the chapter! 💖 sorry for any mistakes

Ant POV

I got here around 3pm. I was gonna keep my distance for today, but I felt guilty for leaving Cameron to deal with the mess I made, so I told him I'd be here. Since I got here he's been asking me non stop if I know what I'm gonna say to Aj, and it's the same answer each time. No, I don't know.

A message from Tyler comes in saying that he's bringing Aj home right now and that they're like a hour away. I put my phone on the table and sit up. I have an hour to think about what I could possible say to him. I would ask Cameron for help, but he can't always give me the answers. Even without asking he's still doing a lot when none of this should be his concern anymore. He's been in and out  of Aj's room, setting things up for him to make him comfortable. I know that's his kid, but regular people would've made it simple— go to your room, and that's it. That's what I would've done.

I stand and stretch my arms behind my neck. Its been kinda quiet for a minute now. My daughter been in her room and I haven't heard from Cameron since he finished setting Aj's room up either. I put my phone in my pocket then head for his room. The door is closed so I knock first then open. I walk into him sitting down on the edge of his bed. He looks up from the ground and smiles at me briefly then looks back down at the floor. I approach him slowly until I'm standing over him. He tilts his head with a tight smile and a sigh while I hold his face firmly in my hand. "You good?" I ask.

"I'm okay," he says. I bend down and kiss him. He puts his hand on my cheek and kisses me again. Cam smiles at me then looks away and clears his throat, "Do you know what you're going to tell Aj?" He asks and looks back at me.

"No," I answer for like the fifth time today, "Stop worrying. I said imma talk to him right?" He looks back down at his lap. "Look at me, I got it." I lift his head up, "Relax, I got it," I repeat, trying to sound as confident as possible to convince him that I know what I'm doing. I can tell how worried he is from his eyes alone.

Cam sighs, "Okay."

I keep eye contact with him. "Nothing to worry about," I drop my hands from his face. I don't want to give him anything to worry about either, I have to control myself. I rather walk out of the situation first  before I start getting mad and beat his ass again.

"Well, then...I'm gonna go take a shower and get ready for bed," he starts gathering his towel and stuff, "I want you to sleep with me tonight."

"Okay."

"Wait—seriously?" He looks at me in shock.

"Yeah, why you confused?" I ask.

"I don't know, I was expecting you to say no. I'm just glad that you're staying. I'll wait up for you."

"Get your sleep. You'll know when I come."

"No," he says then disappears into the bathroom. Watch him be sleep by the time I'm back in here.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a blunt I had rolled earlier. I'm contemplating. I probably should to distract my mind. I put it back in my pocket and leave Cameron's room. I head straight for the front door, but as I'm passing by my daughters room I remember that I have to talk to her about something that's been on my mind all day. I knock on her door and wait a little bit before opening it. She's got on headphones so she doesn't notice me standing there. Eventually she looks in my direction. She takes out her headphones, "hey daddy."