Two

VOTE AND COMMENT💖💖

Cameron POV

"I'm working a little bit late today. I should be home around 5:00." I tell Aj and Leah while parked outside of their school.

"Okay, well I'm going over to my friends house till like seven. She's dropping me off." Taleah says.

"What friend?"

"My friend Justine."

"Where does she live?"

"She lives like fifteen minutes away from us." She says annoyed.

"Send me her address in case of an emergency please. And she doesn't have to drop you off, I'll pick you up."

"Okay."

"And be careful, I don't know how her family is. Please Leah."

"Alright papa, I will be careful."

Taleah kisses my cheek and gets out of the car. I know I can annoy them with my paranoia sometimes, but I can't help it. Aj is still sitting in the car which is very unusual for him. I look back at him and he's staring into open air, not moving a muscle. His eyes are bloodshot red and I already know what that means. "Aj, have you been smoking? Is that what was taking you so long in your room this morning?"

He doesn't respond, just kind of looks away and smirks.

"How are you supposed to get through the school day like this." I ask exhaustedly.

He shrugs his shoulders and gets out of the car.

"Aj!"

He keeps on walking. I'm about to be late for work but I can't leave my son without any explanation to the school. It'll be my problem if they find out he's been smoking weed and coming to school high.

I get out of my car and follow a few feet behind Aj into the school.

"Papa, what are you doing?" I look back and see that I walked past Leah. She's standing with a group of about four other girls and three boys. I'm assuming these are her friends.

"I'm just gonna go handle something at the main office." I smile at her despite my anxiousness of this whole situation.

"Oh okay, well this is Justine, the one that I'm going to her house later."

She points to a tall girl standing next to her and the girl waves at me.

"Good to meet you sweetie."

The rest of Leah's friends just keep staring at me and I send them an awkward smile, "Hi how are you all."

I look back at Leah, "Alright, let me get out of here quick. See you later." I pinch her cheek and wave to her friends and proceed to the main office. The main office is filled with parents when I get there. Some concerned about their kids grades, others about their kids behavior. They all seem like they're in a rush to make it on time for work, just like me.

But, as soon as I walked in it was as if everyone stopped what they were doing to eye me down. They momentarily get back to their business, but they still kept glancing at me every now and again. Is there something on my face or something? I take out my phone and look in the front camera but nope, nothing on my face so I put my phone away.

I smile at everyone that makes eye contact with me. Some of them smile back but others just look away or roll their eyes. I hear small occasional whispers about me too either regarding my history in this school, my sexuality, my children, and my life in general. I can't go anywhere in piece. What did I even do to these people?