Twenty Three

VOTE&COMMENT
❗️I know the scenes in the rehab are inaccurate as hell but y'all I did my best & sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes 😔

Cameron POV

"Okay, we're gonna step up."

The nurse grabs my hand and I tiredly, slowly step up onto the scale wearing almost nothing had it not been for my underwear. She supports my back so that I don't stumble. My balance has not been its best.

She waits about ten seconds and writes something down. "Okay, step down." She grabs my hand again and I step down from the scale. She walks me back to my bed.

"So you've gained two pounds in the past week— which is good. That's good. You just came out of the hospital and you gained a little weight there. But we just want to bring that up a bit higher, okay? Right now you're at 113, we're trying to get you in that 120 range. You're already looking so much healthier."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me, you did it with hard work."

I smile at her as I'm putting my t shirt back on with her help. My arm is in a cast and it's still giving me a hard time. I do physical therapy everyday but nothing has changed yet. I still can't move it. The only thing that has really made some dramatic progress is my face. Even though I still can not completely close my left eye, and my smile is still a little off, people are at least able to tell what I'm doing.

"Can we push therapy until later on today please? I'm a little tired." I ask. The truth is I get nervous whenever someone I know isn't here while I'm doing therapy. The twins went to school, Zaniyah is working and Tyler is in and out like always. He told me he'd be back in about thirty minutes but it's been two hours. I need someone here with me. Lately I really don't like the feeling of being alone.

"Yes, we can. How does four sound?"

"Good. Thank you."

She smiles at me before leaving the room. I lay back on the bed and close my eyes. These past couple weeks have had its ups and down. I was transferred here about a week and a half after I woke up and it's been a week since then. I'm so ready to go home at this point, but I'm still on suicide watch and they're still trying to find a solution for this arm of mine. I think they should just give it up because I'm starting to believe this is permanent. I can't feel my arm at all. I don't know how I could come back from this kind of damage.

And part of me feels like I'm only still on suicide watch because of Tyler. Had it been anyone else who behaved as I had been for these past weeks, they wouldn't waste time on making sure I don't kill myself and I say that because I haven't been showing signs of being suicidal lately— at least I think I haven't. But Tyler is the type to have them keep watching me.

I won't try to attempt to do something like that ever again. I made a promise to my babygirl and to myself that I will stick around. I was being completely selfish, and I knew that, but at that moment I didn't care. That changed when I woke up and I saw how hurt my family was. I felt so disgusting. And it makes me sick to my stomach thinking how Leah felt walking in on me like that. I wish I could take it all back. If there was a way that I could erase myself from their memories so that I could take myself out of the picture peacefully, I would. But besides that, I would take it all back.

And, to think I would have missed Aj opening up to me a little bit. I'm smiling to myself now just thinking about it. He didn't really speak to me and that's okay, but I hope I'm not wrong for thinking we're getting somewhere because he introduced his boyfriend to me.

When I met Zyier, I was shocked with Aj but I didn't want to express that. Not only because he has never opened up to me, and not because he's something other than straight, but my mind couldn't help but to reflect exactly what he told me that night that everything happened.