Eighteen

VOTE AND COMMENT 💖💖💖

Sorry for mistakes  :)

Taleah POV

"I'm scared." Papa and I are sitting in the car, parked across from Dr. Venus's office. It's finally Friday. Friday, 6:30am. We came really early because papa has to get to work afterwards. He wants to stay with me and watch after me once the procedure is done, but he's running out of sick days. I'm sad because I really want him to stay with me but I understand that he still has to provide for us.

The whole point of me waiting until today was so that I could think about my decision. But the truth is, I haven't. These past couple of days, I've only been dwelling on how much I want the baby out of me, I didn't care about any other factors that come into play. But sitting here, right now, I'm scared as fuck.

"I know honey, I know," papa caresses my cheek in attempt to soothe me, but it makes me start to cry. He gets out of the drivers seat and I watch him as he walks around to the passenger side where I'm sitting. He opens the car door, unbuckles my seat belt and scoots into the passenger seat with me. Papa sits me in his lap and holds me like a baby and I really start to sob now.

"Shh, shh baby. It's gonna be alright," he kisses my forehead as my head lays on his shoulder.

"It'll be over before you know it."

"Why did it have to be me?" Why. Why me? I haven't done anything to deserve this. I don't understand.

"It's all gonna be over soon. This is not karma, this wasn't your fault. Do you hear me Taleah?"

I nod my head and watch as my tears soak papa's shirt. I stay and cry in his lap for a while, maybe five minutes. Papa rubs me to calm me down, but as you could probably imagine, it's hard to stay calm in a situation like this.

"Is this what you want?" He asks me. I assume he's talking about the abortion. Is the abortion what I want. He's been wanting to make sure that I'm sure, but he's made it clear that he doesn't care which route I choose. I am surer than I have ever been. Lord knows I can't take care of no baby right now, especially no baby that I don't want. I do not have the mental or physical capacity to do so.

"Yeah."

"So lets go and get this over with honey," papa wipes my eyes and I nod reluctantly.

"Alright," He sighs. I open the passenger seat door and hop off of his lap and onto the ground and papa does the same. After closing and locking the car door, hand in hand, we walk inside Dr.Venus' office. It's empty— like it always is. She doesn't have many patients and that's only because papa and us are her patients. She specializes in his body and what not. Basically, she's our private doctor.

"Hey guys, good to see you." Dr. Venus smiles tightly.

"Hi," papa lets go of my hand and hugs Dr. Venus.

"Taleah, are you alright? How are you feeling?" She asks me. I nod, "I'm alright."

"Okay. I'm gonna run a few blood tests to give me the O.K to perform the procedure, is that alright?"

I nod again. "Can my papa come with me?"

"Of course he can," she says with a soft smile. I don't know if her smile is forced because she's trying to lighten the situation or if it's genuine. I don't know if I care either. I only know one thing- I don't want to be pregnant anymore.