Seventeen

Vote and comment 💖💖💖💖

Trigger Warning ⚠️ :
*Mention of rape
*(Aj)

Cameron POV

I didn't call in sick at work today. I miss my students even though I have a bad headache. The bridge of my nose is aching, I feel like my eyeballs are going to pop out of their sockets any second now. But it would be so inconsiderate and unprofessional to call out whenever my head hurts or something.

I woke up with a terrible ache in my shoulders as well which leads me to believe that I was tense while I had been sleeping. I'm hoping that a hot shower will help ease the pain. But, I have to hurry up and get in right now if I want to attempt at self healing with the hot water because in about forty five minutes I need to wake Aj up so that he can get ready for school and so that I can get to work. I need to pick up Taleah's homework from their school as well.

I check my phone for notifications and there are five from Tyler and two from Zaniyah. There's also one from an unknown number, and then another from Giovanni. I open his first.

Giovanni: Hey. I'm checking in to make sure you're alright. We missed you yesterday. I hope everything is all good, and I hope to see you at work today.

Me: Thanks. And yes, I will be at work today.

Giovanni: That's great to hear. I'm praying for you because I want the best for you- regardless of our friendship status. If you need anyone to talk to I'm always available and willing to listen.😏

Giovanni: *😕 Sorry, I'm typing fast. My point still remains.

Me: Thank you.

Giovanni: Anytime, see you later.🙏🏼

Next, I open the message from the unknown number.

(347)(***)(****): this cameron

I delete the message and do not respond because there's no one that I recently gave my number to who I'd want to engage in conversation with. Plus, I have trust issues. That could be somebody plotting against me.

I open up Zaza's messages.

Zaza💑: cammy baby ☹️

Zaza💑: what did the doctor say?

Me: I don't think Leah would mind if I told you, you're her auntie. But I want it to come from her. I don't want to assume she's okay with anything and then do more damage. Why don't you come over later? I'm definite we can talk about everything then.

Zaza💑: of course honey. ur such a respectful parent, and i totally get where you're coming from. im praying for my family, you guys go through what you do not deserve. ill be over at like around 9:00pm.

Me: Okay. I love you so much.

Zaza💑: I love you so much more❤️❤️❤️

I finally open Tyler's messages.

Tyler❤️: yo

Tyler❤️: u okay?

Tyler❤️: what's up? haven't heard from u in a minute u not answering my text or nothing

Tyler❤️: pick up my calls it's been like three days since i heard from u im worried, leah answered y text she said u probably not good