5. Cold

Song of the chapter:- This Town by Niall Horan.✨

(Warning: Not edited. AT ALL. Please ignore my mistakes)

EMMA'S POV

It felt like the time stopped around me, everything was blur when Ethan turned around and looked me in the eye. This 6 month's spent apart felt like years, specially because I knew we both changed, alot. His chocolate brown eyes in which I used to get lost and see an ocean of emotions, that always made me felt safe and warm were now cold, hard somewhat like his exterior. His shoulders were broader, his hair darker. He wasn't the boy I left behind, the one begging me to stay now he was a man, an Alpha.

When I realised he was still looking at me I masked my face off of any emotions just like him. Something tells me he was trying to find something inside my eyes, a hint, a hope...for us. But just like him I too was changed and I wasn't backing of so I just looked at him with the same intensity but unfortunately Jake broke the silence saying, "let's go outside and start practicing".

When we went outside it was a bit chilly as it was mid autumn and I was wearing sports bra and shorts. At first Chris discussed something about training with Golden moon's trainer who turned out to be Nick (guy who flirted with emma in 1st chapter) and then Chris asked them to send their best fighter against me. The guys looked confident whereas some old members from Golden moon started laughing about me fighting but I just ignored them.

Finally a guy I recognise as Jason who even used to bully me sometimes steps out, and nick pats his back whispering some strategies in his ears but he just laughed and said as if she could beat me which just fueled my anger. After we turned, Chris says fight and within a minute I've pinned him with my paws on his snout and him laying down. Everyone around us is shocked or whispering whereas the guys are laughing. "Easy Em", chris says patting my head to calm me down so I let Jason go and then come back after turning and getting dressed behind a bush.

After lots of discussion about their moves and their techniques we go back to have dinner. When I look at everyone Zach and Ethan do look proud but when Ethan catches me staring at him he again turns stone cold something I learned he's doing since I left. Not that its any if my business but I did talk about him with Zach.

During the dinner most of the pack members have left and it was just the boys, me, Zach and my old friends and Ethan at the table. "You were amazing during the training today Emma", said Mark "well it is all because of Chris and the others, they really helped me alot. I guess it's good they're here to help for the rouge attacks too", I replied. "Maybe we wouldn't need them at all if it weren't for you", Ethan suddenly said from the end of the table where he was sitting.

He hasn't spoken since I joined the dinner except for replying some questions about the pack that were asked. And now suddenly he wants to share his opinion about me. "Ethan, don't", Zach spoke up protectively but it seemed as if he is hiding something too. That's when I started to think about what Ethan said, are those attacks because of me? Only one person can answer that question and unfortunately I wasn't even talking to him.

A tired sigh left my mouth and I stood up from the table. After that I tried to stop thinking about what he said but I can't. I never did something wrong, specially that big to encourage the rouges to attack, but maybe he just said that because he was mad, even though I don't think he'll just say something stupid. My head was aching now.

When I was trying to sleep Rose entered my room asking if I want to watch a movie or something. Ofcourse I agreed, atleast it will take my mind off of things....for now. After watching some episodes of  the vampire diaries for maybe the hundredth time,  Rose left saying she was sleepy. I just sat there in the room thinking about my life but I can't think, because the pack house is obviously not a quite place.

Then I remembered the perfect place I should go to. My place. Maybe our place, Ethan was there too my wolf said but I dismissed that thought. After running when I finally reached the lake I saw a shadow sitting there and without a doubt I knew it was him. Not because we're the only ones who know this place but also because there was this voice in my head telling me to go there and sit beside him, the pull was still there because we never rejected each other.

When I reached there he didn't move, not an inch maybe because he too knew it was me.

⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️⏺️
Published on:-21, January 2021.

Hey snowflakes. Sorryyy for the late update from now on I'll update as much as I can. And please ignore my mistakes in this chapter because it isn't edited AT ALL. Also I know this chapter is small but this is just a filler next one will be better (with more drama;). Hope you're doing well. Pleasee like and comment and share as much as you can.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️