23. Autumn

Song of the chapter:- I Want to Write You a Song by ONE DIRECTION ✨

EMMA'S POV

I twisted around, trying to hide myself from the sunrays falling on my face, to find the other side of the bed empty. I looked at the side where Ethan was supposed to be, the bed was still messy and warm which meant it hasn't been long since he left, but the million dollar question was where was he?

As if to answer my questions the bathroom door opeaned reveling my handsome mate, he was only wearing his boxers, his hair messy, eyes shining with love as I can literally feel the happiness radiating out of him, and then he gave me his amazing heart melting smile that he only ever shared with me.

"I wanted to surprise you and maybe ease you're pain a bit", he said while walking towards me.

I sat up and before I can ask what pain I felt a tingling pain near my collarbone and my lower region, just like that the memories of last night came back making me blush deep red. "You're getting all shy now, huh? After doing what you did?", He said noticing my shyness as well as the colour of my face, a teasing smirk took its place on his lips. I threw a pillow at him which he dodged as he sat beside me wrapping his arms around me.

"You think you can walk?", He still wasn't giving up so I decided to leave the bed going towards the bathroom and he pulled me back towards his chest. "Let me take care of you", he whispered and then lifted me up bridal style. Giggling like a school girl I asked him what was he doing to which he shrugged but I got my answers as we entered the bathroom.

A hot bubble bath with Lavender herbal bath oil and also some candels that smelt like black pine and oak moss which was almost what Ethan smelled like, was waiting for me; my whole body relaxed when he lowered me into the hot water, it felt like heaven.

Ethan was about to leave and the thought alone made my wolf sad, specially when we mated our bond was stronger, we can talk to eachother through mind link, feel each other's emotions, even read our thoughts if the other person wants us to that is.

"You're not gonna join me?", I asked pouting and looking at him with needy eyes. "Only if you want me to", he said crossing his arms around his front and leaning around the door eyeing me. "Well then, yes I want you to join me Ethan", I said and within a second he was in the bath with me as he sat me on his lap wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling his face in my neck, kissing my mark which sent tingling sensation through my whole body and my heart did summer salts.

The shower was calming, he washed my hair and I returned the favor, he literally treated me like a queen; something every girl deserved but not everyone of them got. I felt like I was on cloud nine and maybe I was.

After drying my hair and leaving them down in their natural wavy state which almost reached my mid-waist, I wore one of Ethan's oversized sweatshirt and sweatpants. He was sitting on the bed, his hair was still wet so I stood between his legs and dried as he put his head on my stomach, and said "you make me so happy Emma", sending vibrations down my stomach but also to my heart.

He rarely called me Emma, but when he did it was always when he was feeling something deeper, and at this moment the only emotion we felt was love for each other. When I was done I kissed his head whispering a "i love you" and he replied back. And one thing was for sure, I'd never ever get tired of hearing him say I love you.

"Lets go out for breakfast", he said excitedly and I agreed. We went to a small but cosy place, the smell of coffee and chocolate hit my nose as we entered. The walls were covered in light shades of brown which made the place look more cosy and warm. We sat near the window looking at the different shaded orange withered leaves falling from the tress, the weather was also a bit chilly.

For some people autumn was cold and even sad as they took in the leaveless trees, and the dead leaves on the grounds but for me it was always one of the most beautiful season as it indicated a new beginning and spending it with my mate was one of the best thing I ever experienced. And old lady took our orders and I can tell she too was charmed by Ethan, I mean even I wasn't immuned to his charming smiles and heart-mealting looks.

We ate in silence except some occasional small talks and sweet looks at eachother, and it was a comfortable, peaceful silence, the one people have when they understand eachother too well without even saying anything. After breakfast we finally went back to the pack house. I was jittery about everyone knowing that we mated. Not in a bad way but just excited.

When we entered the house almost everyone was in the living room and the kitchen which were only seperated by the huge dinning table in the middle. My guys were sitting on the couch, with Zach and Anne. Mark and Clara were in the kitchen and everyone turned to us just as we entered.

"We wanna tell you guys something", Ethan said breaking the silence as I gave him an encouraging nod. "We mated", we finally said it out loud together and I heard a gasp from behind me and I turned around to find Rose, her face was red maybe because of the chilly weather, her eyes started watering and just as I took a step towards her, she left.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 30 May, 2021.

Hello snowflakes, so after wierd ass searches, and a lots of writing and rewriting and searching through almost every romantic playlists, I finally present to you another chapter and also one of the toughest one to write, why? I don't know. But here you have it.

Hope you're doing good. Spread love. Take care.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️