32. Red Velvet Cake

Song of the chapter:- Fireproof by One Direction

ETHAN'S POV

I sighed, putting the pen down as I completed another part of the paper work that had been procatisnated by me in the past just to spend a little time with my mate which always turned out to be more than little. So when she was gone, or more like when Rose took her away, I decided to use this time and also regretting not completing my work earlier.

My muscles ached because of sitting on the chair for too long, the girls left around morning and now it was almost evening, which also made me worry about them and then a desperate knock came before the door opeaned making me alert cause nobody, except my parents or Emma, entered my office without permission.

"Someone's trespassing", Zach said between heavy breaths.

"Where?", I asked standing up ignoring the pain in my back.

"The north side. We gotta hurry", he said as we started running towards the north as it was one of the most common area for the pack civilians to hang out, consisting of cafes and shops, plus the chance of Emma and Rose being there was pretty high.

Some of us turned and some stayed in their human forms ready to fight whoever has trespassed our territory when we finally reached there some of our guards had already caught the culprit as they stood around him with him on his knees, his hand behind his head as he was completely helpless or so we thought until he smirked lightly looking at all of us and then he closed his eyes all of us stood there frozen when suddenly red smoke appeared out of  nowhere blocking our view and when we were able to see the first thing that came into our view were a huge pair of red wings as the guy gave us a fanged smile and flew away before we can process what happened.

"He's a vampire?", Someone from the crowd said or more like scream.

Out of instincts I jumped towards him at the same time turning into my huge brown wolf, I almost missed him but caught his leg pulling him with me.

We landed on opposite sides, "Look I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm just here for someone whose really important to me so get out of my way and let me do my thing and you won't even know I was here. But if you don't...", He said shrugging carelessly rolling his shoulders getting ready to fight as he knew we weren't gonna let him go.

I didn't move from my position, my paws digging deeper into the ground, as a challenging growl escape my mouth. Both of us moved at the same time aiming for eachothers head but I ended up on top of him scratching the side of his face only a bit before he turned us and scratched my left paw, my left hand when I turn back, with his elongated nails which did hurt pretty bad but not enough for me to give up.

His wound wasn't healing and neither was mine because of our rival natures specially when we wanted to harm one another. We got a few more hits on eachother until a voice came from the crowd, "STOP!"

Making both of our heads turn towards the voice and my heart almost stopped as I saw Rose and Emma both walking towards us with a worrying look on their faces. As I was distracted the vampire took his chance punching me and I barely turned causing him to hit my cheekbone and not my nose but within seconds his weight was lifted from me as I turned I saw Emma straddling him with one of her hand extended into paw that she kept against his neck and then she asked him, "What's your business here?"

"I-Rose", he said in a breathless voice. Nobody seem to understand what he meant, well except Emma and Rose herself as Emma's expression turned from anger to the one of shock pretty quick.

She stood up letting him stand too, most of the guards tried to attack but I called them off wanting to know the reason behind letting him go by Emma herself, but before anyone can ask we got our answers as Rose herself went to the guy and wrapped him in a hug being careful not hurting him but it all went in vain as he returned her gesture by pressing her body again his tightly.