36. What if they think I'm different?

Song of the chapter:- Willow by Taylor Swift

EMMA'S POV

I was in a dark room, all alone, there was nothing, no doors, no windows. It was so cold that I was shivering but there was sweat covering my forehead when the door, that I didn't even knew existed, opened and I saw him enter the room with a dangerous smirk on his face, "Did you miss me?", He asked.

"NO. No, no, no!", Was all that'd come out of my mouth.

"Emma?! Wake up! Are you okay?", someone said shaking me.

Then I realised it was Ethan.

I opeaned my eyes looking around, and realised I was in our room, in the pack house, Ethan was holding me close, my whole body was still shaking and the shirt I wore to sleep was sticking to my body because of sweat, I felt like I was burning.

"Shit, you're burning up", Ethan said and started tugging the ends of my shirt but not before looking at me for consent, I nodded, he removed it and  I was just in my undergarments and still burning.

"Shower?", He asked.

And then, I was sitting under what felt like the coldest shower of my life and still the burning feeling inside won't go away.

"God, do you feel any better Ems?", He asked. And all I could do was to shake my head weakly.

"Fuck, you-I-okay listen to me Emma. Listen to my voice, focus on it okay. We're gonna find something that'll cool you off, don't worry", He said calmly but I can see right through his its-all-under-my-control act and reality was we were both panicking. Not a good combination.

Usually when there were situations when I'd be worried Ethan would be the one to calm me, and if it was him stressing then I'd be his rock but right now both of us were getting too worried, too much out of control. So he decided to call my dad, a doctor, and then I was sitting in a robe surrounded by too many people, too much noise, too much talking and my patience was running thin.

Everyone was talking about what was wrong with me, stating their thoughts as if we were discussing philosophy, talking about me like I am some thing and not a living person.

And then it happened, I snapped.

"SHUT UP EVERYONE!!! ALL OF YOU. FOR GOD'S SAKE SHUT THE FUCK UP", I said, no screamed and ran out of the pack house, still in a robe in the chilly winter.

Cold wind was harshly hitting my skin but it felt better than listening to what they thought was wrong with me. Hell I even heard someone say 'I knew something was wrong with her' the moment I ran out but then again, it's not like I cared.

There was a time when I did care, alot. What would they think about me? What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm different? And many other what ifs, but then I found the answers the moment I left golden moon even if just for a few months; it doesn't matter what others think, or if they like me or not, if they think I'm different and unlike them then I'd take that as a compliment.

But it wasn't what others thought, I myself felt unsure, insecure, even unsafe in this moment. And then I heard a moment behind me and before I can comprehend I turned around and my hands shot in the direction the noise came from and a bright light left my hands. Like literally it came out of my hand and blasted in the direction of the sound and the huge rock it hit was destroyed, in seconds.

Then someone came out from behind the tress, that someone was Ethan.

"Oh my god, I almost killed you", the realisation hit me making me step away from my mate who I'd have killed.

"No,no. I'm okay. It was a mistake. It's alright", he said stepping towards me.

"No, stay away. Ethan. Please", I said my vision got blury by tears as my back hits a tree and I leaned against it.

"You won't hurt me", he said looking into my eyes I believed him, but I wasn't sure about myself. I couldn't even control the powers, what if I harmed someone? Anyone from the pack?

"Emma, you won't ever harm anyone, not intentionally. I know that", he said as he reached me. He was standing so close, our feets were touching, I can smell his comforting scent making me a bit calmer but not totally.

"Look at me sweetheart. I know you're confused and scared, so am I, about these powers and all but I know you'll be okay, we will be okay. We can get through this Emma, if you'll let me help you", he said holding my face with both his hands, his forehead touching mine.

And I nodded.

"Together", he whispered and then kissed me softly assuring me we'll be alright.

*********************
Published on:- 26 September, 2021.

Hello snowflakes (drum roll) I'm finallyyy backkkk . I know this is a small chapter but don't worry the next one's will be bigger, and I'll complete this book as I don't intend on keeping it incomplete. So yeah, thankyou for keeping up with my crazy/non-existent updating schedule.

And pleaseeee keep voting and commenting.

Also MTMBB reached 40k views so thank you for that too.
Take care, spread love.

Love,
IceQueen.