21. Confession

Song of the chapter:- Heart Like Yours by Williamette Stone

EMMA'S POV

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was that I was kneeling besides an empty bed, where Ethan was supposed to be; my wolf was suddenly alert if something happened to him I wouldn't know because we weren't marked by eachother yet. Something inside me was telling me it was okay but I was freaked out, my hands shaking, sweat beading my forehead even though it was almost winter all the possibilities of what could happen to him were running in my head. It was around 5am in the morning which was a bit early for his checkups, which meant his life could be in danger.

Just by the thought of him being hurt made my wolf whimper and I ran out of the room trying to find him, I can still smell him around me that meant he was still near, I started running through the hallways following his scent which bought me to a room at the end of the hallway. What I saw next shocked and relived me at the same time.

There on a bed was lying Ethan, tubes connected to his hands, in the other bed was Ethan's dad and from what I can see it looked like he was having a blood transfusion, suddenly all the three eyes were on me, my dad and Ethan's dad looked shocked and concerned. I probably looked like some mad woman my clothes crumpled, my hair looked like bird nest, my eyes were puffy and red because of crying and I didn't even realised I was crying until now; but the most shocking thing was that Ethan was awake.

After all the poison, medicines, and wolfsbane he had taken he still managed to stay awake while having blood transfusion.

"Whats going on?", I asked still shocked standing at the doorway.

"Emma, calm down, nothing's gonna happen to him", said my dad trying to calm me which didn't work well as all I did was to snarl eyeing the tubes connected to my mates vain.

"Hey Princess, look at me, I'm okay baby", Ethan said getting my attention. "What's going on?", I asked eyeing my mate. That's when dad explained the poison was almost out of Ethan's system. Almost. To completely remove the poison they needed do this, if they didn't it'll spread again through his bloodstream which can be fatal for even an Alpha. It all happened when I was asleep, my mate was fighting for his life and I was asleep. I shook my head trying to remove the negativity, I wasn't gonna leave him even when he deserved better, I was too selfish to leave him.

After what felt like forever the transfusion was completed and Ethan was ready to leave after some hours, they wanted to keep him in observation for a while, the news spread quickly and everyone was visiting just like they did when he was injured; even Nick, Will, Smith and Ryan visited him and then left us alone to let him heal and rest. After all the visits we finally went home, Ethan healed pretty quickly because of the Alpha blood.

He was now sitting on the bed shirtless looking around eventually his eyes landing back on me as I was fixing our closet, yes we moved into a different, bigger room together, he asked me and I said yes even when I wasn't ready to face him because I just can't seem to say no to this protective, sweet yet annoying Alpha.

"Princess?", He asked in his deep yet soft voice making my heart melt into a puddle, "yeah? Do you need anything? Are you comfortable? Is it-", before I can complete he turned me around, pushed me against the door of the closet, my chest touching his, our faces inches away as I can feel his hot breath on my lips which made me unconsciously lick my lower lip. His dark eyes shifted from my face to my lips as he groaned, making me want to lick- No, no, no. Bad Emma.

I started to think about old people, and two years old socks which seemed to work until he started kissing my exposed neck almost tearing his own shirt that I was wearing. Yes, you can call me a creep or an addict as I'm literally addicted to his smell.

I don't even know how he managed to stand on his own feet let alone seduce me after almost dying, and with that thought I was again sad, disappointed in myself. I put my hands on either side of his face, looking into his warm eyes that make me feel safe, "I'm sorry Ethan", I mumbeled.

His brows furrowed "for what baby?", he asked.

"I-I don't deserve you, I mean you've always taken care of me and all I did was to leave you and then you almost died because of me, if something would've happened I'd never be able to forgive myself, I mean I love you so much I can't even live without you", I said in one breath, then looking up to see his reaction. He looked like he's seen a ghost or something, his eyes were wide his mouth slightly open. "Ethan?", I asked.

"Y-you love me?", He asked and that's when I realised what I just confessed.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 22 May, 2021.

Hello snowflakes, hope you like the update. What do you think will be Ethan's reaction? Hope you're all doing well. Take care. Stay safe. Spread love.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️