2. His mate

Song of the chapter :- Evermore by Taylor Swift ft Bon lver❄️

ETHAN'S POV (surprise surprise)

She was really crying. Oh God, it still hurts to see her cry. I know I'm a jerk but I really do care about her. I'm mean because of her brother because best friend or not when it comes to Emma he just don't care about anyone else.

"Does it matter that I'm crying? You don't care about me, do you? Even if you are responsible for making me cry" she asked. I wanted to say yes princess I do but I just can't so instead I shook my head and more tears started coming out of her eyes. She pushed me away after mummering "l hate you" and left me standing there shocked. At that moment I also hated myself but there was nothing I can do.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to find Rose. Oh God not her. It's not that I hate her but I also don't like her either. I've been with her for like 2 months and let's just say we've done physical stuff but other than that it was just an act for me so no one will find out about my crush on my Best friends little sister. And so Zach will not push me away from Emma, she doesn't like me but atleast I can see her everyday.

"What are you doing here baby?" Rose asked I just shrugged not wanting to reply. I knew I was using her but she was doing the same because we are not mates and we agreed to date until we find our mates. Also I was not using her in any sexual way because we both agreeded mutually before getting physical with eachother. I didn't know what was gonna happen between me and Rose or Emma, when I found my mate which will be tomorrow because tomorrow I'll turn 18.

**Next Day( Ethan's birthday)**

Emma's P.O.V 

Today I woke up early because I didn't want Rose, Ethan or anyone else to barge in my room specially not him because today is his birthday and I don't want to ruin it for him or me. And yes I remember his birthday because we used to be best friends. I got ready and decided to go for something simple which was a light blue skinny jeans and a t-shirt and black hoodie. I got down stairs to see Rose who was excited because she wanted to be his mate and our future luna.

We were unfortunately giving a lift to that asshole because of some stupid problem with his car. When we reached his house or the pack house he was already waiting for us. Rose and Zach both wished him but I didn't bother to wish him after what he did yesterday.

I don't know what was wrong but I can feel him staring me and when I looked over him he will just turn his face in other direction. I also noticed his hand on Rose thigh but soon he removed it and didn't even looked at her.    

ETHAN'S POV

As soon as I enter the car a sweet smell hit me and my wolf howled and started screaming the word MATE that's when I realised my mate is present in the car. I put a hand on Rose's thigh but I didn't feel any thing. Wait this mean Emma is.......oh god. I look over her she was wearing a black hoodie and jeans and still manage to look so freaking beautiful. My wolf wanted to take over but I controlled him.

When we reached to school a large crowd of girls was already waiting there before I can do any thing, Emma just stormed out of the car without saying a word to anyone. I jumped out of the car and followed her, the hallway was empty so I caught her wrist and tingles started running to my whole body from where I touched her.

I took her to empty class room and close the door behind us. I knew she also felt the same because of the shocked look on her face. "Emma your my mate" I said I was so fucking happy about her being my mate my wolf was asking me kiss her but before I can say any thing she started crying. I guess she didn't feel the same about me.