51. Lonely

ETHAN'S POV

Song of the chapter:-  The Way I Loved You (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift

People are lonley. Not alone. Lonley.

There are so many people out there, hiding their feelings and emotions behind masks. Masks of fake smiles and happiness that only ever existed around other people. As soon as you are left alone the corners of your mouth turn downward and you wonder about all the wrongs and all the bad things that has happened to you until now.

It took a me alot of time to realise that being alone and lonley are two different things. When a person doesn't have anyone to talk to, there's nobody around them to call their own you can say they're alone.

But being lonely is a whole different kind of misery. It is when there are people, so many people around you, that you know, you love, you like, but still there is this empty feeling in the pit of your heart, there is this ache, this yearning and you want to talk about it with someone, but you can't even when there are so many people you talk to every day.

It is suffering in the worst kind of way, the urge to let it all out, because smiling and acting as if nothing is wrong gets tiring, and when you are ready to fall there is no one to catch you, to pick up your pieces when you break. And that is how I feel with each and every passing day, when I talk to everyone even Emma without saying a word of how I really feel.

I sleep, wake up, do the work I'm supposed to as the perfect Alpha, and go back to bed people know something is wrong but they can't point it out exactly because I'm not doing anything different. I sleep and eat, and I'm not acting like I did when Emma left while we were younger. When we were younger our bond wasn't strong as it is now, we weren't completely mated but at that time there was too much rage and anger and confusion, and now there is just sadness left in me.

Untill one day, when I wake up something is different, I can feel it through our bond but I can't just pin point it exactly. But my doubts are confirmed when I get the news that Emma is in the hospital, in our pack. My first reaction was that she was here closer to me than we've been in weeks and the second was she wasn't really here she was in the hospital.

After that I was on autopilot, ordering to increase the security on the boundaries and around the hospital ofcourse, getting everyone on their duty and ready for my absence cause right now the only one who'd be getting my presence and attention was Emma.

When I reached the hospital the floor she was on was almost empty, and ofcourse her father was there he must've been the one taking all the extra precautions, when he looked up at me he just gave me a nod, and my shoulders relaxed a little, she was fine.

I didn't wait for any other sign I just barged into the room, he tried to tell me something but I couldn't process what he was trying to say, all I could focus on was that she was behind that door, a single door separating us.

I went in to see Claire and Ivan standing near her and almost staggered backwards, Emma lay on the bed looking the pale, covered in cuts and bruises but that wasn't what shocked my the most, it was Claire standing over her, her brows furrowed and her focus on Emma's hand which had a cut, a deep one, on it which seemed to be healing itself. Within seconds her left hand looked as good as new and Claire stumbled backwards Ivan catching her before she falls.

"You've done enough, her body can heal itself aswell", Ivan said looking at her with what looked like a mixture of anger and worry.

"You don't get to tell me what to do with my powers", she said with a stubborn tone even when she was covered in sweat looking as if she might pass out then and there.

"Wait, your what?", I asked as my brain finally caught up to what they were saying.

"Um- I can explain?", Claire said but before I can reply another voice spoke up, "explain what?" and we all turned to Emma.

******************************
Published on:- September 19, 2022.

Finalyyyyy posting this chapter feels like the best and the most productive thing I've done this September specially when this month is just a huge huge change for me, I don't even know if there were more goods or more bads for me in this month but I can totally say that everything is just changed for me and it's good and bad and tough but I'll live.

I've experienced things that i always wanted to experience and also those which I didn't want to but kinda needed to and among all that updating this chapter was constantly on my mind, because no matter what I know I'm not ever leaving this book unfinished but I just couldn't do it either because of the situation or the lack of inspiration.

Also I missed y'all alotttttt. And I hope your doing good nd if ur not (me neither) but we'll get through it because what's the point of giving up after coming this far? And I really am thankful that you guys read my book, like someone spending even a second of their time on me or my work is like the best compliment I can ever receive. so thank you.
And I love each and everyone, yes everyone, of you.
Take care, spread love, and kindness and goodness. (Cause i kinda need all of this alot these days)

And yeah that's it the next chapter btw will be bigger than this one. I hope so. Lol.

PS i had to edit it twice cause i wrote lonely as lonley lol that's how sleepy I am. Goodnight.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen.