47. The Sun & The Moon

Song of the chapter:-  Pashmina by Amit Trivedi

EMMA'S POV

"So you're saying that we'll have to give her a chance?", Alpha Warren asked for the hundredth time saying her as if it's a disgusting thing, or word to be said out loud.

"Well what else do you suggest Alpha?", Alpha Vera spoke raising one of her brow at him as if challenging her.

"I suggest, that we are not to trust a women who can't even control what she has, if this power was given to someone else maybe someone like Alpha Smith- "You mean a man?", Alpha Vera cut him off with a furious look on her face.

I knew Alpha Warren wasn't that good of an Alpha and even worse person with sexist thinking but this, this was even worse than I expected. He was ready to let his people, his pack, who totally depended on him die instead of getting help from me just because I was a women.

Hell I wasn't asking anyone to put their blind faith in me, but the least they could do was to give me a chance to prove myself because being a female I've learned that no matter how good you are at what you do, there will always be someone doubting you and by proving yourself you'll be proving them and their idea of you wrong.

"If you don't even want to give me a chance, Alpha Warren it seems like you don't need my help and in that case you can show yourself out", I said standing up and I can feel Ethan standing behind me proudly.

"I um didn't say that", he said looking around for other Alpha's confirmation but none of them spoke up because they knew he was wrong. I knew Alpha Smith also didn't think I was good enough for the same reason but atleast he respected me enough as a Luna to not voice his thoughts. Also Alpha Nick who seemed to hate me kept his mouth shut.

"Well then I guess it's fixed, we just have to decide when and where ", said Ivan breaking the tension in the room. He looked as cool as cucumber as if he has experienced these meetings and this thick tension alot of times and he probably had, which I was grateful for as he managed to make the situation better.

In the end of the meeting it was decided that the test will be held tomorrow at night, near the forest as it was an empty and open area reducing the chances of people getting hurt, only the Alphas were going to be there and nobody else was allowed. I don't know if the test being tomorrow was an advantage that I won't have enough time to over think about it, or was it a disadvantage that I won't even be able to practice well enough. Me and Alister have been practicing but it wasn't enough and I wasn't perfect at it.

Just as the meeting ended everyone went to their rooms where as Ivan, Jack and Ethan followed me to the main room where I found Alister waiting.

"We informed him this morning about he test, after you agreed to it ofcourse, so you guys can train", Jack said.

"Well I think we should get started, I mean I'm in no hurry, but Rose is a bit pissed that I'm spending more time with her bestfriend and not her you know", Alister said with a teasing smirk on his face.

I knew he was just teasing trying to get Ethan riled up but it was wierd how a few months ago it was my bestfriend spending time with my mate and now it's the other way around.

"Sure let's go now", I said moving toward the training ground with Ethan and Jack and Ivan following me. They all stopped when I turned around, "where are you guys going?", I asked.

"With you", he all replied in perfect sync.

"I don't need all of you there, and don't you have anything else to do your Alpha's go and do some pack work or something", I said conjuring the strictest voice possible with all of them looking at me with their best puppy dog eye.