18. My Bestfriend.

Song of the chapter:-  Hunger by Ross Copperman

{A/N: Italic part is Ethan's imagination}

ETHAN'S POV

I was back at mine and Emma's place, near the lake, but things looked different, more like it used to be when we were kids. Suddenly I heard a noise from the cabin which looked much better so I decided to check it out and that's when I saw her.

Still looking as pure as snow, her green eyes were like forest inviting you to wander around but dangerous and beautiful at the same time, her golden hair were messy yet she managed to take my breath away. Her eyes met mine, I saw something moving behind her so I pushed her behind me and tried to tackle the attackers but suddenly I was stopped, my hands were tied, it was painful, burning my skin, making me weak and then I heard her angelic voice, "Ethan, ethan, are you okay? Let him go. Don't do this, you're hurting him, can't you see?! STOP!", her voice was powerful and demanding yet it sounded as if she was in pain, and then I drifted off into dreamless sleep.

EMMA'S POV

Just as Ethan lunged at me I doged him and pressed the emergency button as I pushed him back on the bed trying to not hurt him, my dad and many other people came in with some ropes which I knew were covered in wolfsbane by its smell and also because everyone was wearing gloves so it doesn't harm them. They started tying him to the bed as he struggled to break free, I can see his skin burning as the ropes were being tied around him, this was too much, there had to be another way to stop him.

"Ethan, ethan, are you okay?", I tried to get a response out of him so they'll let him go but he didn't answer. "Let him go. Don't do this, you're hurting him, can't you see?! STOP!", I said in a powerful tone that almost made them surrender. Almost. I tried to stop them but then two strong hands were wrapped around me and I started trashing around but I knew it was no use when Zach, and Chris joined Jack to hold me back. Somehow they managed to pull me out of the room where my mate was being tortured. I didn't even realised that I was crying until the guys hugged me rubbing my back trying to calm me down  and also my wolf.

"Hey, he'll be alright. He's a tough guy Ems. Don't worry. And if he hurts my little sister I'll bring him back from dead just to kill him as I promised", Zach says trying to lighten the mood, a sad laugh escapes my mouth as I remember the conversation my dad, Zach, Mark and my guys had with Ethan about him hurting me. Even when he was surrounded with all those overprotective males he still had that powerfull Alpha aura around him. I overheard their conversation and when I found it was Chris and John's idea they suffered alot as I had my sweet revenge telling Luke who ate his favourite cheesecakes everytime.

Suddenly I'm pulled into a crushing hug which snaps me out of my day dreaming, I can smell the familiar Chanel perfume and wrap my arms around Rose. "How are you doing Ems?", This was what I liked the most about Rose. When everyone was worried about Ethan, not that I'm mad or jealous, Rose was the first one to ask me how I was doing. She cared about everyone, no matter how bitchy, moody she acts around everyone when someone needed pep-talks or had any problem she'll always be there to help.

But more than anything she understood me, in any situation no matter how different we were. She'd be the first one to know if I'm sad or lying or not okay. And she never judged me because after all the fights and drama she'll always be my bestfriend. "I'm okay", I said sniffing.

"Lets talk about why you're not okay over a cup of hot chocolate okay?", She asked or maybe ordered pulling me towards the cafe.

"But Ethan-", she cut me off saying "He's asleep, and everyone is there. And I'm not letting you go until you let it all out", and for once I agreed.

Because sometimes you need to let it all out, maybe cry your heart out, to be stronger. Because crying isn't a weakness, it a proof that you're alive.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 2 May, 2021.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to all my lovely bestfriends for just being there for me. And also for all of you my lovely snowflakes. Hope you like it.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Tag your bestie in the comment box.

Stay safe. Spread love. Wear masks.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️