6. Alone.

Song of the chapter :-  AIone by Alan Walker💫

EMMA'S POV

"Hey", I said as I sat beside him our shoulders touching, as we looked at the beautiful view in front of us. The moon was full, surrounded by the stars and the water of the lake was still, reflecting the moon and the stars. It was quite here, no sound just the two of us.

Now that I was finally here, with Ethan all I wanted to do was to sit here with my head on his shoulder; I didn't want to ruin the moment by asking about what he said at the dinner so I didn't because this moment right here, me and him under the stars was worth saving. So I didn't ask about what he said, or what he did when I left because right now we were just Emma and Ethan, just us.

"Hey", he replied his voice was manlier, stronger but it was still the same. I can hear the desperation in his voice, he didn't want to be here like this, mad at me or not talking to me; because at the end of the day he was the same ethan who used to buy me icecream from his savings when I cried. "Why are you here?", I asked. "The same reason you are", he replied still not looking at me.

A tired sigh left my mouth. "You know we can still be friends", I said. "Friends? Seriously Emma, after all this you wanna be friends?!", He snapped. "What do want Ethan?", I asked if he does have a better idea. "I don't know Emma, but I sure as hell don't wanna be friends with someone I like, maybe even lo-" before he can complete I pushed my hand on his mouth, not because I didn't want to hear him but because we weren't alone.

Now we were laying down me straddling him with one hand of mine on his mouth and with the other I signalled him to stay quiet. We heard some voices. "I don't think they're here", a male voice said.

"But where else can they go?" A different voice asked.

"I can't smell them guys, maybe they went back to their pack", a girl said. After that we heard footsteps, when we were sure they were gone we finally looked at each other, I was worried and maybe he knew that because the next thing he did literally made me laugh, Ethan Steven Preston the Alpha of golden moon pack licked my hand that was wrapped around his mouth.

I was laughing and suddenly he turned us so I was laying under him and he was looking at me smiling, he looked much more younger when he smiled like that like a kid but unfortunately not everyone gets to see this side of the big bad alpha and just like that his smile vanished. "How can they not smell us?", He asked his eyebrows furrowed.

Now that I think about it, I don't know how can they not smell us. "Maybe they were humans?", I said. And he started laughing. "Sometimes you can be so dumb Emma", he said between his laughing. I hit his chest but not hard enough to hurt him. "Emma no humans are allowed here, I don't think any wolf even knows anything about this place", he replied still laughing.

He was right, this place was surrounded by rocks and bushes and the empty cottage behind the lake and only those who knew about it like me and Ethan can enter, and those people only left because they didn't think there was any other place we could go to and our smell was vanished. But the biggest question was why were they after us? I felt like my life was getting more and more complicated from the moment I came back.

"We should get going, I mean I don't think its safe here they literally followed us", I said looking at him and he moved and stood up and we started walking towards the pack house. "You know we can give it a try, like uh- you said, being friends", Ethan suddenly said just as we reached the pack house. "Really?", I asked turning around and looking at him. And he nodded and I hugged him, which was after all a stupid decision. Because I was his mate, and we were attracted to each other more than any other werewolf to us, in the whole world.

But when he wrapped his arms around me I felt the familiar warmth engulf me and I felt safe and happy to be where I was. After that we went to our room to sleep which I knew I wasn't gonna get because my mind keep wondering back to a certain alpha. When I did manage to get back to sleep even my dreams were about him, about us.

It was our lake. Me and him. Sitting there peacefully with picnic basket and a blanket wrapped around us. We are laughing and looking at eachother with affection and also another feeling in our eyes which I can't pinpoint. After a while he keeps staring at me like I am the centre of his universe and when I turn around he kissed me, with passion, affection and everything he has.

Just like that I wake up. I dreamt about him, but it couldn't happen. We're friends and thats it. I can't be with him. For all I know Rose is still not over him. It'll just hurt me and him. With those thoughts I get out of the bed. When I go down for breakfast, I find Rose sitting there eating her breakfast. "Heyy", I say sitting next to her. "Hie, had enough beauty sleep?", She asks and I look at her confused.

"Well, I don't wanna sound creepy but I saw you and Ethan coming back last night it, was a bit late", she says casually.

"Oh, well um yeah we just you know went for a walk and nothing happened", I say nervously because hurting my best friend is the last thing I want to do. "Yeah, just so you know I'm over him. So if you do wanna make a move, go-ahead. Don't worry about me Em, do it", she says and it literally mealts my heart knowing she cares about me just as much as I do.

"No its nothing like that", I say remembering our talk about being 'friends'. And Rose just looks at me and smirks saying "oh we'll see about that".

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 30, January 2021.

Heyyyy snowflakes. This chapter is dedicated to allll of you, my lovely readers. 🎊
If you liked it please vote comment and share as much as you can.✨
Hope you're doing well. Take care and stay safe. Wear masks. TPWK ❄️

PS. You can dm me for a dedication, or just for any suggestions or ideas or even if you just wanna talk.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️