31. Euphoria

Song of the chapter:- Golden by Harry Styles

ETHAN'S POV

When I woke up the next morning the first thing that came to my mind was to check if Emma was beside me or not, and there she was, cuddled up by my side, her arms gently yet firmly wrapped around me, her golden hair sprawled accross the pillow, and her head resting on my chest, her breathing was soft unlike last night when I found her all terrified.

I wanted to lock her away somewhere where nobody can harm her but I was well aware of the fact that she wasn't an object that can be locked away, plus she was more than capable of taking care of herself. But then the attacks started and we knew that was going to happen sooner or later, but all I wanted was just some more time with my mate because with her by my side all I ever felt was happiness and euphoria.

But I knew we had to come out of this little bubble, but not now, was what my wolf suggested and I agreed burying my face in the crook my mates neck, inhaling her sweet smell, as she stirred awake, I quickly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep.

I can feel her running her fingers through my hair, it was something I loved, and it seemed like she did too, tracing my jaw and then lightly kissing my forehead.

"Ethan", she whispered in my ear making goosebumps rise to the surface of my skin.

"Mhm", I mumbled against her neck as she slightly shuddered, making me proud of having this effect on her.

"Wake up", she replied after a while, but I just shook my head no in reply and she releases a sigh in defeat.

I knew she didn't want to get up either afterall having your mate in your arms was the best feeling in the world but then I decided to finally wake up and make her job a bit easier.  When I finally looked at her I realised there was a bump on her head which I must've missed because of her hair almost covering it but now it was pretty noticeable.

I lightly touched it causing her to flinch. "Does it hurt alot?", I asked.

But she shook her head saying, "It only hurts when you touch it".

"We'll have to get that checked up by your dad after breakfast", I said finally getting up and going to the bathroom as she followed me.

*           *          *

EMMA'S POV

Ethan was having an overprotective streak, again. After we mated our emotions for eachother just heightened which resulted in us turning extra possessive and overprotective for eachother.

"It's not that bad and I'm a wolf too E", I said looking at him through the mirror watching his face for any reaction, to the new more like old nickname, with I did get as his eyes widened and he turned around raising his eyebrows at me and asking, "why did you stopped calling me that?"

"No idea I just..... stopped. Do you not like it?", I said looking back at him, it looked like he was searching my face for something but he couldn't find it.

"You know I love it and we're still going to your dad for the check up", he said and left but not before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

During the breakfast we told everyone what happened which caused them to freak out saying we should have told them the moment it happened but Ethan handled it because the attacker wasn't going to come back the same night after getting caught plus he needed to take care of my head which was checked up by my dad who just gave me some pain meds for emergency and thankfully there was no internal harm or bleeding.

Me and Ethan were sitting in the main room of the pack house when Rose came down stairs and said, "I need to talk to you", pulling my hand and taking me towards the door when Ethan too stood up pulling my other hand as my back collided with his chest.

"Where are you taking my mate Rose?", He asked raising his eyebrow at her as she gave him a sassy look that I knew very well and said, "well she's not just your mate. She's my bestfriend too and that was before you guys even mated so", she titled her head signalling him to move out of our way which obviously affected Ethan's alpha ego but he controlled it. It was kind of sweet that he almost always controlled his anger even when the pack members annoyed him.

"Where are you even going? And when will you be back?", He asked trying not to show he was having a possesive streak but failing.

"Well I don't know dad, when is our curfew?", Rose replied sarcastically causing Ethan to growl and Rose growled back at him that's when I was done with their childish games cause this was something that happened almost everytime these two were in the same room.

I stepped between them put my hands on Ethan's chest when his eyes met mine they finally softened suddenly I heard him in my head saying "I'm just worried", I nodded in response and said I'll be okay out loud as I still wasn't good at this mind link thing, which I needed to learn soon.

Finally I kissed him softly trying to reassure him through it which seemed to work as he finally decided to let us go but he did give Rose a mean glare as she fake gagged after our kiss.

*            *             *

ROSE'S POV

When I finally managed to get Emma away from Ethan we decided to go to our highschool which was now mostly abandoned because everyone was too busy to go to school after those attacks and it's not like us wolf need to graduate we literally have almost every kind of facilities and jobs at our pack.

"Why are we going there Rose?", Emma asked skeptically as she was obviously the thought full one whereas I, even though won't admit it out loud, was the reckless one but what's the harm in going to our school which is literally empty.

"To talk obviously Ems", I said.

"Yeah but why.......there?", She asked, again.

"Cause I need to tell you something", I said pushing her to sit under a tree and I sat beside her.

Then I told her everything, from when I met Alister to why I came back because of our small, not that small, fight. She just sat there not saying anything but her face still showing enough emotions specially when I told her about how I and Alister met and her mouth hung open.

When I was finally done she squealed pulling me into a hug, "I am so happy for you", she literally screamed in my ear and we both started laughing randomly like mad people. Sitting here with Emma in this moment just made me happy that after all if this we still were how we used to be. Our childish-selves were still there, deep down, but there. No matter how old we grow one thing was for sure, we'll still be together, atleast I hoped so.

Then we left to have lunch and the whole way she was talking about how excited she was to meet Alister. I wish I shared the same excitement when I found out about Emma and Ethan being mates but then again they were mature enough to let it go even though I wasn't and that just made me more grateful that everything was okay.

***********************************
Published on:- 12 August, 2021.

So my snowflakes how long do you think everything is gonna be okay? I assure you it won't be for long cause the next chapter is kinda.....idk full of drama I guess.
I'll try to update it as soon as possible as I wasn't able to update for a quite long time because of my exams, but hey they'll be over soon so....be ready?

Also I know there are too many pov's in this chapter but I just felt like it.

Hope you're doing well. Take care. Spread love and kindness.
Also don't be a silent reader.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

P.S Thank you so so so so muchhhh for 800+ votes. Love y'all.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️