42. Oops?

Song of the chapter:- Moonlight by Ariana Grande

{A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED, SO PLS DON'T MIND THE TYPOS. WILL EDIT IT LATER.}

EMMA'S POV

We went inside the cabin, it was furnished but still missing some things which would give it a homey vibe but it was almost perfect, not too huge, not too modern, it was the perfect combination of everything. The living room was spacious, kitchen too was huge and the main bedroom had the perfect view of the lake.

Just when I thought my mate couldn't get any more perfect he literally did all of this for me.

"This place is amazing, Ethan", I said looking at him as I went to the balcony and he stood behind me with his arms around me.

Then I felt his lips on my mark softly kissing it making goosebumps rise on my whole body, plus the fact that I was just wearing his hoodie and a sports-bra underneath didn't help as I felt his warm touch through the material.

"Ethan" I whispered, "we needed some alone time and this is perfect", he huskily whispered in my ear.

"Mhm you're right", I said as I pushed him against the wall and kiss him.

His kisses are soft and teasing, as if he's taking his sweet time knowing I desperately, badly need him, and whenever I try to make a move he's just pin me under him and let me tell you it was getting frustrating.

"Stop teasing me", I say trying to control my wolf who's ready to jump at her mate. And then I feel power surge through me, it's like in my blood, in my head, I can feel it spreading in my body, wanting to get out, so I push Ethan away before anything happens, and I can feel his worry through the bond as he asks me what happens.

"I, something is wrong, this power, its here", I say trying to explain how I'm feeling, I'm trying my best to control it but I don't know how to and I'm just worried about hurting the one person who means the world to me.

"Calm down, nobody is going to get hurt. Just, feel it, try to control it Emma, it is a part of you, you are the one in control, don't let it control you", he said I don't know how he knew this shit but it made sense and I tried to control it.

I closed my eyes, trying to focus on the power only and it felt like I can do it cause there were no distractions right now, the power felt like a part of myself, I felt it in my hands but I tried to hold it and not let it go and I heard Ethan curse under his breath, when I opened my eyes I saw a ball of light floating in my hands, I can literally feel it and to think I somehow managed to control it made me happy but when I turned to look at Ethan I almost lost control.

I tried to make it smaller and to vanish it or something but it felt a bit difficult, so I tried to throw it as far as possible and when it hit the surface of the lake, it literally spread all over, making the surface of the lake shine, before eventually vanishing as if it wasn't ever there in the first place.

I stood there watching it, when I turned to look at Ethan he was looking over at me with a small smile on his face.

"You're.... magnificent", he said looking at me as if he were in deep thoughts.

Suddenly I felt someone trying to link us and then we got a message a we found some rouge on the pack border, and just like that our moment was ruined. Me and Ethan went back to the pack house, he was constantly apologizing for this to happen and I did understand but a part of me was still whining about not getting enough alone time with their mate.

We went to the dungeon as they kept the intruders there. It was dark, not just because of absence of light, but the whole vibe of the place was cold, bleak, grim and even creepy.

When we entered the room where they were keeping the intruder it reminded me of the time when I was kidnapped by Donovan, yes I won't call that man my father, and a shiver unconsciously ran down my spine and Ethan probably noticed as he didn't say anything but gave me a worried look but I shook my head trying to indicate nothing's wrong.

The guy's back was turned to us, he was sitting on a chair, to which he was tied, chains were covering his whole body and the chains were also probably coated with wolfsbane but the guy's body looked too tired to escape; Mark was leaning over his chair with bloody knuckles, confirming my suspicions that he probably beat the shit out of him already.

"What did he say?" Ethan asked. He was now, unfortunate for me, fully dressed in plain black shirt and dark jeans, his hair had grown a bit longer now, his five o'clock shadow made him look older, as if sll the work has taken toll on him and maybe that was true, but then again he still managed to looked like some Greek God.

"Nothing, he keeps repeating Emma's name", Mark replied looking mad about this but stil tried to not show how it affected him, staying in his beta role.

"Well I guess I'll have to help this one out", Ethan said as he walked towards the man on chair, "maybe I should try cause he's been calling my name?", I said stepping in front of Ethan.

He looked over at me, I can see him thinking about every aspect of it before he nodded because he knew I wasn't back down even if he said no.

Just when I went to the intruder, I saw his face and was shocked too see a familiar silver blue eyed man, with his platinum blonde haired falling on his eyes just like it did the first time met, except then I was the one who was tied and he was the one who helped me escape.

"Ivan?" I asked. The guards around us looked confused, Mark and Ethan just looked shocked that I knew him.

"Hey, good to know you remember me", He chuckled and I wondered how he managed to laugh with all this blood all over him.

"You, how did you get here?", I asked.

"It's a long story that I'm willing to tell if I get a little treatment", he said, more like chocked.

"You know him?", Mark asked where as Ethan looked like he was lost in deep thoughts.

"He, he's the one who helped me escape", I said and suddenly all the confusion left Ethan's face as he mumbled something like "I knew I've seen him before".

"You sure we can trust him?", Mark looked like he wasn't ready to believe me but I knew he was doing his beta duty. "Yes, and get him medications immediately", I said  as we left the room and I saw Claire outside the room.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"I'm the back up medication", she said looking too excited.

One thing about Claire no matter what the situation was she'd always be cheery and happy and will somehow manage to make everyone happy.

"Well good luck?", I said.

"I hope you did the right thing trusting that intruder, cause if he tries to escape he won't be given another chance", Ethan said leaning over the wall outside the room.

"He was the only one who helped in there Ethan, I know he won't try anything. I can feel it", I said looking at him as he pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me, probably trying to seek comfort because in times like this we both needed eachother.

We stood there in comfortable silence, it felt good but I can't help but think it's been too long since Claire went in and she still hadn't returned and it made me worried, "don't you think it's been too long?", I asked Ethan and he agreed suggesting we should go in.

We opened the door to find now unchained Ivan, with a dishevelled looking Claire on his lap, their lips locked and they were both lost in eachother, but turned to us when we opened the door.

Claire was the one to break the uncomfortable silence saying, "Oops?"

****************************
Published on:- 8 December, 2021.

Heyyy snowflakes. Winter is finally here and I just love winter as u can tell by my name lol. Hope you liked the update....did y'all miss Ivan?
Hope you're all doing well, take care & spread love.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen.