39. The Golden Wolf

Song of the chapter:- War of Hearts (Acoustic Version) by Ruelle

ETHAN'S POV

"What's that supposed to mean?", She asked probably to herself. I don't know when but at some point we became so comfortable around eachother, which was going to happen as we were literally made for eachother, that we started thinking out loud around eachother. Before I can answer her question she looked up at me with those beautiful green orbs making all my thoughts disappear.

"Ethan, I said do you know what this means?", She said tugging my free hand lightly bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, it's um a prophecy", I said because that's all I knew. I had already readed many of these books when we were in highschool, when everyone was preparing for exams I had to prepare myself for being the future Alpha too, at that time it all seemed meaningless to me and I didn't pay enough attention to these but I did remembered some of it fortunately.

"And?", She asked still looking at me biting her lower lip making me think about things I'd like to do to her.

"Ethan, you're mind is somewhere else, pay attention", she whined again. She became more needy since we mated and I loved it.

"You've got all my attention baby", I said kissing her softly unable to resist her, specially when she was all cuddled up against me and her scent was probably all over me.

"Now you're distracting me", she said pushing me away but I pulled her back, instantly missing her warmth, before she can even move away.

"Fine let's read, and all I know about that prophecy is that well it's a prophecy", I said as she turned the page. We sat there reading, I wasn't a fan of reading but I didn't mind when I had my mate beside me. I don't know how long we sat there but we completed a whole book about different Alpha's of the pack, nothing different or nothing about a wolf with supernatural powers, or as the vampire liked to call it 'the golden wolf'.

Suddenly the door of our office opeaned, without any knocking, again and Rose and the vampire entered hand in hand. Rose looked more happy now that she was with him, and even though I didn't like him I was truly happy for her that she found someone too, and not someone like me who would play with her. Those two were a perfect match for eachother.

And also quite annoying when they were together.

Just as we looked at them, Alister started roaming around the office and touching random stuff, like papers or photos on my desk saying he's just looking around making me roll my eyes at him where as Rose just stood there looking at us making heart eyes at us, "aww did we interrupt something?", She asked.

"Yes", Emma said at the same time I said "No, and get your little vampire under control" just as he was about to open a drawer where we kept emergency condoms, for well emergencies.

"Oh who did you just call little", he said now standing in front of me, but I was still a bit taller than him.

"Guys, stop", Emma said pulling me back as Rose pulled Alister back too.

"So, to what do we owe this pleasure", Emma asked and then elbowed me for scoffing at the pleasure part.

"Well, one a reminder that you have to complete reading those books soon and two I'm going to train you from tomorrow be in the training ground at 6am, alone", the vampire said the last part eyeing me while I had to suppress a growl.

"Oh okay, sure", Emma said casually.

After dinner we dived back into reading, and then I saw a book that I hadn't read before which was wierd because my dad forced me to read almost every book about our pack history. It had a blank black hardcover nothing written on the cover, also pretty thin compared to the other books we read, when we opeaned it it too had the same thing, the prophecy written on it, and the rest of the pages of the book were hand written.