Epilogue

Song of the chapter:- Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez, Em Beihold.

*FEW WEEKS LATER*

EMMA'S POV

I looked at my reflection on the mirror, and the person staring back at me looked different, very different than what I'd imagine I'd look like when I grew up but she looked oddly familiar, I felt home in my own skin, skin which was now sporting a scar just above my heart, which was visible thanks to the neckline of my dress. It was a really pretty dress, something my old wouldn't be confident enough about but after almost dying I've decided not to think too much about things.

Just when I'm ready to leave the door bursts open revealing my mate looking edible in an all black suit, for the first time his hair is styled back and then he closes the door and leans against it, arms crossed, checking me out and that gesture makes me want to jump at him but we can't, not yet atleast.

He must be thinking the same thing because he releases a deep breath before moving towards me, and stops when our feet are touching, his hands brushing mine, our breaths mingling, our scent invading the others breath, and then he said, "I think we should skip today and have some fun". His fingers brushing my scar, I don't know why but he had an weird obsession with my scar and was always touching it, kissing it, running his fingers over it when he could.

And that took me back to my first day of highschool when he wasn't mine, when he felt apart, and that brought a smile to my face when I realised how far we've come.

"We can't skip, everyone will be there", I said tugging him along.

It was the annual Christmas Ball which was held every year by one of the packs to celebrate unity among the packs, and years of history and stuff like that. All the Alphas or Luna would attend along with their partners. And this year shockingly it was Warren who volunteered to arrange the whole ball even after what we just went through. It was arranged in their common hall which looked like something out of a fairy tale.

Ethan must've noticed my looking around with my jaw wide open because he laughed and then reminded me Warren's pack belongs to one of the oldest ones having old money so this was nothing out of common for them. He kept pointing, discretely, at various leaders from various packs some of them I know some I didn't and I kept nodding along until I accidentally stumbled into someone.

Then I heard a familiar voice curse and I looked up to find Alpha Vera, but then I was shocked when my eyes met hers because somehow one of heart was pale blue while the other one dark brown as I remembered.

"I'm so sorry, did I spill my drink on you? Oh my god", I tried to apologise but she cut me off with, "It wasn't you who ruined my dress, it was some Ancient Asshole Alpha", she shrugged. And even with a small stain on her dress, and mismatched eyes she managed to look breathtaking.

"Well, what happened to your eye?", The question left my mouth before I could stop myself and I instantly regretted it. But Ethan let out a laugh, and then covered it up with coughing when Vera shot him a look.

"It was during the war, one of Donovan's puppy managed to damage my eye but thankfully I got a transplant as a donor was almost immediately available because of war you know, and people dying", she explained to me as if I was a child asking stupid question.  We talked for a while but then she left to talk to someone else so did we.

The night was amazing everyone was enjoying themselves when I spotted blond mass of hair cutting through the crowd and heading towards the balcony and I followed him instantly. When I went out he immediately said, "get out Ethan I'm not in mood for company".

"I'm not sure if Ethan would appreciate you talking to him like that", I said in a questioning tone and he immediately turned around and embraced me into his arms.