48. New Normal

Song of the chapter:- As It Was by Harry Styles

EMMA'S POV

A week after all that, whatever one can call it, everything went back to normal. Which was wierd because I don't even know what to expect from normal considering the last time my normal was living in Jack's pack, so I guess we were trying to get used to whatever this situation was, trying to get used to our new normal. All the Alphas including Jack and Ivan went back to their pack. The whole idea or plan or whatever it was, was dismissed.

Ethan and I decided to stop thinking about it as well considering there wasn't anything else we can do about this whole thing. The whole week passed way too quick because we were both busy getting everything else done, focusing on the pack and the pack only, catching up with other things and pack business.

Everyone was trying to get used to this new place where everything was supposed to go back to as it was, and it was really wierd specially when I knew we might even still be in danger. I felt different being in my own skin, I was still practicing my powers for my safety and also for others, but it just felt too different, maybe that was because no matter what I imagined or didn't imagine for my future this wasn't what I expected and I'm not saying that I don't want this, but I guess I just wasn't ready.

Other than that it felt like a weight has been lifted off of my chest, no more hiding my powers, trying to prove myself to other and the best part was more time with Ethan even though we both had work. Because it didn't matter what we did as long as we were in the same room, that's all we need. I could be working and he could be doing something else but being in the same room while doing whatever we want makes me feel better and him too I guess by the way he insisted on us sharing our office, which used to be his office only.

Finally I woke up today not dreading paperwork or more meetings. Today was just for us, me and Ethan. We had decided to spend the whole day together after when we were done with pack work seeing we both clearly needed a break specially when Zach had to wake us up last night when we both fell asleep while working.

We ended up deciding to go and have a walk around the pack and see how the people are doing as we hadn't done that in quite a long time. First we had lunch at one of the small yet popular place and got free breakfast, we did try to pay but the owner who was an old lady who reminded me of my grandmother, except she was scary if she needed to be, told us to consider it our wedding gift, and I decided to not argue with her because that seemed like a really bad idea.

To be honest it felt wierd yet amazing whenever some mentioned our marriage out of nowhere because it has been sometime since we got married but clearly not enough for it to sound normal and not get over excited over it all over again.

After that we just walked around the pack and the number of people who came up to us to just say hello or ask how we're doing were quite alot. Hell even a little girl around five came up to Ethan with a small flower in her hand and gave it to him.

That to be honest melted my heart, my whole body felt mushy specially when he went down on his knees, asked her her name. And then put the flower in her hair after saying, "well I think you're very pretty Anna", and the girl turned as red as tomato and ran back to her mother who smiled at us aswell.

"Well looks like I got competition", I said holding his hand, as he stood back up, again. For someone who's known him their whole life I felt like I just couldn't get enough of this man. And to be honest I wasn't even ashamed to even admit that cause hey I married him, he's all mine now, mine to touch and mine to want.

"There is no one else for me but you baby", he said pulling me closer to his side, and I welcomed his warmth specially when it was the coldest time of winter. And just then it started snowing. We were both wearing warm enough clothes but still it felt cold; not the kind where you're worried about getting sick or thinking is this how Jack felt when he died in the cold water.

But the comfortable cold when the wind brushes your face and you just want to close your eyes and savour that moment, the cold when you feel like keeping your window slightly open and snuggle in your blanket with books, when you feel like wearing your warmest pair of socks and dance around the house singing off-key and loudly. And to be honest it felt like the best kind of cold, which I wished would never end but I knew it will so I just savoured the moment with my most favourite human.

When I opened I found those chocolate brown eyes staring back at me and in that moment I felt like no matter how much life changes for better or worse I just wanted him with me there, and I'll be okay.

We went for lunch at one of the pack member's house who used to work for Ethan's dad. The house was small but cute and it definately suited the old couple who had invited us to have lunch with them. Turns out the old lady used to take care of Ethan when he was a kid and when he had to go to meeting with his dad when his mom wasn't around. And she told us stories over how Ethan had once cancelled a whole meeting because he wanted to go out and play and then they had to relocate the meeting because he just won't let them do it unless they complied.

Ethan just sat there and blushed but then everyone knew he was a brat, hell he still acted like one even now when he didn't want to do something, but then he'll just bend when I gave him my puppy dog eyes so we were good.

Later that night we went to the town to some diner slash bar kinda place who served the best onion rings and even had a small stage where locals can perform no matter how bad you are at singing, nobody will judge, that was the rule there. And we ended up singing cliche love songs and dancing around like crazy people.

This day turned out to be one of the best days of my life, and not just those days when you think 'oh today was a good day' but one of those days you remember during your saddest or darkest times which manages to bring a smile to your face and gives you just enough hope to think that it'll get better, you just have to hang in there.

Only if I knew what was coming next.

**********************
Publishing on:- 7 May, 2022.

Well hey there everyone *hides behind the couch* I know I said I'll update and then disappear but hey what did you expect?
Okay, so I just wanted this chapter to be more about Emma AND Ethan and their relationship so it took me some time to come up with it and I procastinated alot so there's that.
Other than that those who are still here tolerating my messed up and non existent updating schedule THANK YOU and I really appreciate you, each and everyone of you.

Hope you're all doing well and take care.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

PS. There might be some mistakes cause I haven't written or edited since forever.

Love,
IceQueen.