29. Remove your shirt

Song of the chapter:- Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves

EMMA'S POV

I can hear alot of screaming and shouting in the background, but my head was pounding, I still can't open my eyes it felt like too much work but I can feel the people around me, my people, scared and in danger and so I tried to open my eyes the surrounding felt too bright so I closed it. Suddenly someone started shaking me, "Ems? You okay? Come on wake up!", I recognised Zach's voice in a heartbeat.

When I finally opeaned my eyes I saw his concerned face looking at me, "can you stand up?", He asked carefully not touching me. I nodded as I can't feel anything broken except my head was pounding as it was smashed against the tree pretty bad and might have concussion. When I stood up I realised the situation was worse than I thought.

Many of our people were lying around with broken bones, some of them were searching for eachother, "Where's he?", I asked looking at Zach.

"We don't know. Jack and the others are okay, they're finding him. But people need you Emma, you're the next luna. You gotta lot of people depending on you", Zach replied.

"Then let's not disappoint them", I said and started to help people around me.

The kids were taken to the pack house as that was the safest place and someone will always be there to keep an eye on them also the parents can get treated without worrying about their kids. There were 4 guards who died protecting the others, and also 2 pack members, so their families were notified also a funeral was arranged for the guards who died doing their duty. After that we went to the hospital trying to help as much as we can.

I was trying to find my mother or father when I was suddenly pulled into a empty room or more like storage, none noticed as everyone was too busy to notice, I can feel the sparks running through my hand to my whole body when I came face to face with Ethan.

Being pulled into a room by him, the feeling was pretty nostalgic but the situation was much worse than before. "Are you okay?", Was the first thing that came out of my mouth. He nodded and then checked my body for any injuries and when he was satisfied that there were none he kissed me.

When I tried to wrap my arms around him but he moved away, I saw him flinch when I opened my eyes, but covered up pretty quickly. "What's wrong?", I asked but he shook his head mummering a nothing and I knew he was lying by the way he looked down nervously trying not to make eye contact.

"Remove your shirt", I ordered crossing my arms.

"Ems we're in a hospital", he said jokingly but I glared back at him still not budging.

When he thought I won't make him do it I suddenly pulled his shirt up; I don't even know how he was even standing here with his chest covered in almost black and purple bruises, there was even a scratch on is stomach that looked pretty nasty but was covered with a bandage and still you can see some blood seeping through it.

"Ethan you need to rest", I said pushing him towards the exit but he pulled away and shook his head saying, "I need to rest and what, let you do all the work? Emma I just can't just sit around when our people are dying. They're relying on us, both of us. When this is all done I'll do whatever you say okay".

When we were young Ethan was a brat. He'd only care about himself, and well himself. He'd never care about what others felt, or thought or if they had to go through something because of him, he'd just do whatever was good for him and seeing him like this made me realise he changed, he wasn't the same bratty, spoilt boy but the Alpha who'd do anything for his pack and his people which just made me fall for him more.

I nodded and kissed him one last time, trying to convince him it'll be all right, maybe he understood as he smiled against my lips and then we both got out and started working. When I was going to my mother a voice from behind spoke, "Do I even wanna know what you guys were doing in there?" I turned around and gave Jack the best mean look I could muster up before continuing my way to the emergency room as he followed me.

There were many people who were badly injured so me, Zach, Clara, Anne and John, who surprisingly knew alot about this medical stuff, were helping the doctors while the guys were trying to find who was behind this and also taking care of some other things as having a big pack meant alot of work, like really lot.

When we were done, it was dark most of people were sent home as their injuries weren't that bad while some of the patients who had it bad were staying in the hospital.

Me and Zach also got our check up done, and thankfully we didn't have any severe injuries, and then went back to the pack house, when we entered we found almost everyone in the living room.

Anne, Clara, Chris, John and Jack were on the sofa, on the other sofa were Mark and Luke and Ethan was sitting on the chair next to them they all looked tried but they were still talking to eachother happily after what happened this morning.

Looking at them made me realise that I had all these people, who cared about me, who loved me unconditionally, and I can count on them. Finally me and Zach joined them but I felt like something or more like someone was missing. It was Rose, she was a constant in my life and her absence made me realise how important she is in my life.

Maybe Ethan felt my emotions through the bond as he look at me directly and gave me a heart-melting smile making all my worries go away when suddenly the front door opeaned and we were all on our feet but stopped when Rose, who was carrying another girl, stumbled in and she said, "What the fuck even happened when I was gone?"

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 15 July, 2021

Hello snowflakes, here is another chapter and as you can see Rose is back.  Tell me how you feel about this chapter in the comment section. Hope you're all doing well.
Take care, spread love.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️