Chapter 48- People Forget That Nightmares Are Dreams Too

He didn't come back even after midnight. I had no idea a "walk" could take up to two hours. I was worried for him the whole time. Nobody tells you how draining it is to be worried for another person.

I still stayed on the dining table after the kiss. For a grown man, you'd think what I was feeling was childish (Which it was, but we aren't ever going to talk about this, you hear me? Never.). None of my work was continued, all I did was think about what was to come.

I had no idea what would happen after I find my brother, nor could I imagine a life at the HQ. What was to come in the future? It was a question nobody could answer.

My vision blurred as I felt my eyes going heavier by the second. My endeavour to fight it was useless, I had no idea why I even resisted in the first place. Then again, a mind which was half asleep would do things that weren't possible to understand.

●◦●◦●◦

I opened my eyes, a figure walked towards me, the whole atmosphere tensed up. I couldn't see his face, everything was just a blur. Just a person, a person who oddly struck fear into me.

He was standing over a motionless, dead body.

He turned to look at me. I felt like a feeble child once again by his burning gaze. He started to walk towards me, and every step forward he took, I backed up at least three.

"You're worthless, boy. You can't do shit for the family so fuck off. Why are you still studying anyway? Waste of space." He sped up and before I knew it, my face was already on the ground.

His insulting words were accompanied by his kicks, while I laid on the ground, withering in pain helplessly.

He grabbed me by my hair to face him. Up close, where his face should have been was only a dark void of nothingness. He growled, "You useless piece of shit, you shouldn't have been born in the first place."

He slammed my head into the cold hard ground repeatedly.

I cried out, yet no sound was heard.

Suddenly, all motions stopped. I was registered with an unbearable pain, I was out of breath from all the struggling.

I peeked through my pain only for him step on me, putting all of his pressure on my back, suffocating me even more.

"Fucking die already," he mumbled. "You never had a future to begin with."

●◦●◦●◦

I jolted up instantly. Covered in cold sweat as the familiar awful feeling washed over me once again, my breathing was uneven and all I could feel was pure terror. My mouth felt dry, I curled up in a ball, making myself as small as possible, I could feel my eyes watering. My stomach was turning itself upside down, making me nauseous.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a door opening as streams of light pour into the dark room I was in. A figure inched close to me swiftly. Through my panicked confusion, I instantly tightened my grip on my knees. My whole body was shaking, I fear what was to come.

Unexpectedly, comforting warmth surrounded me, I was being hugged very tightly.

"Hey, it's me, listen to my voice," a soothing murmur rung in my ear.

I looked up in daze, my mind was a mess.

"It's me, Luzien, alright? Breathe, it's me. It wasn't real," he promised.

I whimpered in reply, I couldn't seem to form a word. I clutched onto his clothing, wetting it with my tears.

He gently pressed my head into his sturdy chest, softly lulling me back into slumber.

Eventually, I gave in. Closing my eyes in his embrace, it felt too cozy to even put up a fight.

Yeah, I could trust him...right?