Chapter 2- Um, Isn't This Kidnapping?

In case you were wondering, yes, yes, the car ride was filled with silent tension. Music was playing, the air-condition was set to the coldest (not that I was complaining, I literally look like I dug through trash cans, and I probably dirtied his seat, keeping my mouth shut is the only thing I should be doing.), no one was talking, he was just quietly humming to the song playing. Suddenly, as if this wasn't humiliating enough already, my stomach decided to growl, loudly. The growl did certainly break the silence, and also achieved in making me looked even pathetic. His humming stopped as fast as heat spreading across my face to the tips of my ears.

"You..." He paused for a while, "...haven't had breakfast yet?" I shook my head shyly, looking down at my thighs. I squeezed my eyes tightly, pursing my lips, hoping that he would not make any comments to mock me. I heard him opening something. Too scared to fully open my eyes, I cracked my left eye just a little, enough to see him holding up something for me. His hand hung there, awkwardly. I looked at him, perplexed, "What?"

"Have it."

"Why?"

He shoved the Ferrero Rocher that was in his hand into mine. "'Cause you probably need it more than I do." I held the box of chocolate with my left hand, rubbing my nose with my right.

Honestly, I wanted the moment to last as long as possible. Like, let's face it, the dude might have felt and looked menacing as heck. However, he was the most handsome person I had ever seen. Believe me when I say the most handsome, I had worked with many models, yet none had his voice nor his good looks.

A few minutes later, the car stopped in front of a brick red New York style building. At that moment, I knew my nightmare would begin as soon as I stepped into the building, I could already hear the screaming of my manager for being 15 minutes late. I got off the car, a box of Ferrero Rocher in hand, feeling gross, looking like I was homeless. Great, a Monday, and I was already starting off the week with the wrong foot. Behind me, I could hear Mr. Fancy-Ass (Hey, anyone who could afford a Ferrari and keeps a box of expensive chocolate – to me, at least- is fancy) getting out of the car, shutting the door.

As I went through the door, I felt a few thousand pairs of eyes falling onto me. I shoved my hands into my pockets, walking fast, avoiding any eye contact with anybody. I wanted to just not go that day but apparently the CEO of Kaiser would be present, and nobody should be absent. Unless, of course, you were in the hospital or dead, according to my manager. I had no say in this, none of my colleagues had any say in this matter. All I hoped was for the CEO to not notice my presence.

When I was about to punch my card, Airi, my best friend, decided to pop up of nowhere. Reflexes caused me to stumble backwards, right into someone's arms. I looked up, and who did I see? That's right, Mr. Fancy-Ass. My face immediately burnt up, I could feel the firmness of his chest, his scent literally filled my nostrils. I stepped right out of his arms, apologizing to him the second time that morning. Airi had already got herself out of this situation by greeting him and running off. What a friend!

I got myself together, pushing open the glass door of the office, expecting for the worst. I swallowed dryly, prepared for the worst. When my manager saw me, she forced a smile. That, crept me out instantly. I could not believe my eyes, 'Did she just...smile? At me?' Goosebumps covered my whole body, I could not process what had just happened. "Good morning, Miss Adro," I greeted her. All I got in return was a stiff nod. Then, in a swift motion, I was pulled away by none other than Mr. Fancy-Ass.

He grabbed my wrist, practically, just dragging me to Gods knew where. I was strangely scared, pure fear just filled me. I did not know what to expect.