Chapter 24- Noooo! Not him!

"How?"

"I don't know, that's what I'm telling you. But, don't you think that he's too calm? Too passive?"

"True, but we might be overthinking. I mean, he is a psychologist, don't you think he had handled these types of situation in the past?" I tried to persuade her, even though I had my suspicions about him. I didn't want the three of us to have sides or grudges, it will only slow down everything.

Airi nodded, she smiled at me, "What a day, huh? Can I sleep over at your place?"

I rubbed my eyes, "Sure, why not. I washed your clothes last week, so I think you have a variety to choose from."

"Yay!" she clapped her hands lightly like a child. It was really nice seeing her back to normal.

●◦●◦●◦

We got down from the taxi after paying. I sighed, 'Home at last.'

Airi grabbed my arm, "Let's go, let's go!"

"Do you want a piggyback ride?" I offered, I knew she was tired, I felt sorry for dragging her into this mess.

Giggling, she hopped onto me without a word. I started to carry her up the stairs, listening to her rant about whether or not we were going to make it to work tomorrow.

When we reached our floor, an unexpected guest was standing in front of my door. I let Airi down from my back, both of us looked at each other, perplexed. The familiar face of Fancy-Ass turned to us.

"Why is he here, Tol?" Airi whispered.

I shrugged. How was I supposed to know? I wanted nothing to do with him, especially out of work. He had already known an uncomfortable amount of information about me, letting him know more was not going to do any good for either of us.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know you guys were dating," Fancy-Ass looked down and scratched the back of his neck with his hand that wasn't holding a bag.

"Pfft, don't worry, we aren't, Mr. Luzien. Anyway, what is it that you have to find Tol here at this hour?" Looking directly at him, tilting her head.

He shot up, "Oh, it's nothing! I just wanted to discuss something with Tolmer. It's not a big thing."

"I see, why not come in? I'm planning to sleep at his place anyway," Airi said, opening the door for him with my spare key I gave her centuries ago. I don't know what to feel about her carrying my spare key around, but I wasn't complaining. What I didn't like was Fancy-Ass going into my apartment. I was scared that he would know more than he already had. What horrified me more was, what if I accidently blurted out inappropriate things? I didn't need another person judging me.

"Aw, c'mon, Tol. This would probably be fun," Airi gestured me to step in. I obeyed, it was better than sleeping outside.

Fancy-Ass handed me the bag. I pulled out the cooler inside, opened it, revealing crepes and cakes. As weird as it may sound, I was really pumped about those. They looked scrumptious, I tell you.

"Ah, I didn't know what you liked so I asked around. Sorry if it bothers you," Fancy-Ass said.

"He loves sweets, just so you know. You made the right choices too, by the way," Airi answered him for me after looking at the sweets.

Fancy-Ass made a sound of surprised exclaimation (he sounded like that confused kid in class getting the right answer on accident and the teacher praises him but he has no idea what just happened.), "I was just lucky."

"Yeah, really lucky. Anyway, Tol, I'm going to shower. Also, I'm calling dibs on sleeping on the couch with Samson," she said as she rushed into the bathroom with her changing clothes.

"Hey! Samson's mine!" I told her, annoyed.

"Too late!" I could hear her yell inside the bathroom.

Fancy-Ass just looked at me with this grin on his face, "You are so close to her. I'm jealous."

I could feel my cheeks burning up, "There's nothing to be jealous about. Have a seat, let's have some cake."

I power walked into the kitchen to get plates and forks, avoiding him. Gods, why would he say that?