Chapter 30- Are You A Stalker Now?

Vastel was found at the far right corner of the café. He looked incredibly relaxed, taking a sip from his cup, writing into his notebook. Airi knocked lightly on the table twice, announcing our presence to the man lost in his clouds of thoughts.

He looked up, "Oh, bonjour, how was work?"

"It was fine," Airi answered a bit too distant. "Let's get to work. What is it?"

"Patience," he smiled. "I've found three convert listeners currently in the whole house. No more was found, hopefully. I didn't remove them. I figured that it would be dangerous to do so as it would probably alert whoever did that, letting them know that we've figured that they've bugged the place."

"I see, it is smart not to startle them. It is safer," Airi nodded.

Vastel stole a glance at me before looking back at Airi. "So, how about the both of you? Any leads?"

Unsure of what to answer, I poked Airi's right thigh lightly. She looked back at me, giving me a look that told me that we should let him in on what we had found.

However, out of nowhere, Vastel said, "You can trust me, you know. I may not seem serious but it is just my coping mechanism. You don't have to suspect anything."

I was taken aback at what he had said, Airi showed signs of it too. I knew he was a psychologist, but I was convinced that he was a mind reader. He stifled a laugh, "Don't worry, I'm not a psychic." (Totally a psychic! It's true, I tell you.) "It's just that both of you were too wary of me. Any sensible person would realise that."

"You were clearly trying to hit on Airi though," I mumbled, not thinking that he would hear what I said.

He chuckled, "What? No! That's crazy. I've already got someone I love. So don't worry your pretty heads."

I could feel the tips of my ears turn red when he told us that. I protested, "Okay, how about that time when you bribed the security guard? There was no way anyone could have just do what you did. You are clearly more than a psychologist. When he heard your name, he was about to have a meltdown."

"That was because I live there," he shrugged.

Airi raised an eyebrow, "Care to explain, psychic dude?"

"They have to listen to every request made by the residents there, no matter what. The reason is for someone to live there, it not only requires money, it required a strong connection with someone extremely noteworthy, someone who could just make big changes in a snap. In my case, it's Luzien that had helped me. Also, I kinda like that nickname. It sounds cool," he winked.

I felt a wave of relief wash over me, it was like, a weight being lift off of my shoulders. Still, I preferred him being on our side. Airi presented the video to Vastel, "You know the footage from the other day?"

"Yes? Obviously? What about it? Did you find the woman?" Vastel sat up, showing his interest.

"We think we found her potential twin, or maybe her sibling, this morning in a pastry shop. He goes by the name 'Sebastian'. He basically looks like her but without any make-up and with a mullet instead of long hair," Airi told him what we had seen. He rubbed his chin with his right hand.

I added, "He had a less than three tattoo on his right wrist. It was noticeable but quite small."

Vastel eyes widen, he blinked a few times before asking me if I was sure. I nodded, confirming my statement.

He opened his mouth, clearly ready to say something to me.

Yet, unfortunately, he was quite rudely interrupted. "So you've been hanging out with each other?" I recognised the voice of Fancy-Ass before even seeing his face.

I stood up, "What has this got to do with you? What are you doing here?"