Chapter 58- The One Question I Don't Know The Answer To

Nothing could come out of my mouth. My brain froze, I guess it didn't expect this either, or, it needed time to form some type of snarky comment, which I was sure it was already doing actively.

Water dripped from Luzien's hair into my shirt, his hot breath could be felt on my neck, goose bumps covered every inch of my skin. I could feel his heart pumping in his chest on my back, I didn't know if it was because he ran or it was because he was as jittery as I was.

"Personal...space," I managed to cough up the words. (We talked about this for like, a billion times.)

He didn't let go.

I tried squirming my way out yet he tightened his grip even more. He mumbled into my shoulder, "Sorry, but not this time. I just know you'd run."

I mean, he wasn't wrong, I would have dashed into the rain without a second thought once he let go. Then again, the rain was pouring, I wasn't crazy enough to go out there. Or was I?

"I'm not going anywhere, really," I tapped his arms lightly.

"Really?"

"Yes, just please let go, it's too uncomfortable. I won't run."

He loosened his clutch.

I couldn't bring myself to look at him, I just knew the look on his face would be enough to make me feel guilty.

"Sike," I muttered before making an attempt to dash into the rain once again.

A hand grabbed me, pulling me backwards, both our bodies fell back and onto the ground we landed.

Letting out a mewl of frustration, I started to squirm, trying to wriggle my way out of his bear hug.

"Stop thrashing around, please? I just wanna talk," his mouth was right beside my ear, my whole body went limp.

"Ah, you calmed down," he muttered, leaning back, propping his body against a wall. He closed his legs, squishing me in between, as if his arms weren't enough to kill off all my chances of escape.

"Um, is Airi alright back there? I mean I left her and all alone and stuff," I asked quietly, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Hm, I kidnapped her until you agree to talk to me."

That made me giggled a bit. (Yes, like a pre-schooler. Don't judge me, please.)

"What? It's true, don't you trust me?"

"No?"

"Why? There is a possibility though."

"Because..." Yeah, that's right, there's no reason for me not trust him, yet I knew he wouldn't do something like that. "Because you are a big softie."

"Okay, fine, yes, she is back there with my friend."

"Oh, so that wasn't your date," I blurted out like an idiot. I swear, someday, I will slap myself so hard.

His hands reached up, making contact with my cheeks, guiding my face towards his, closing in on the space. I was so very close to him, if I were to stick my tongue all the way out, I would have licked his nose. (Okay, gross but sure, at least you get the idea now.)

"I would never go on a date with anyone else other than you. So, don't worry, it's not someone you should worry about," he comforted, his thumb caressing my face.

"Really?" I breathed out.

He made a sound of agreement, making my heart go out of control.

He moved down, barely touching our lips. My hand swooped in, covering his mouth before we could kiss. Looking away, I stammered, "W-we were talking about s-something serious. No k-kissing yet."

"Oh? So this is serious? I never thought I'd be on Tolmer's serious things list," he joked.

My face burnt up.

"I take a lot of things seriously, okay?" I tried to explain.

"So I'm worthy enough for you to be taken seriously?"

"M-maybe? A-anyway, what did you want to talk about?"

"If we talk about this, does this mean I get to kiss you after?"

"Yes?"

"You can't back out now," he smiled, letting go of my face. Resting his chin on my head, he asked, "So, I was wondering, what are we?"

I went quiet. That's right, what exactly are we?