Chapter 76- Maybe This Is Nice After All (Only If You Do It Right)

"Welcome back, young master," literally two rows of maids and butlers were placed in front of the entrance, bowing down the moment we stepped out of the long vehicle.

Luzien only nodded, grabbing my hand, whispering, "Let's go, don't be so nervous, relax."

Excuse me? Don't be so nervous? Sir, dude, buddy, we're going to meet your family? How could I not be nervous?

The environment was not helping, just by the way. It was a literal mansion, the distance from the gate to the front door was such a long stretch, and we had to drive into the empty paved space surrounded by trees and bushes. When we reach the actual door, it was sculpted, painted in white and gold. You would think, okay, fair enough, this house has a fancy door, what about the inside? We were, actually, far from going inside, because there was another door that had to be opened, apparently. It was probably made out of really heavy metal that I do not know the name of.

Not just that, after the walking in between two rows of people, there was another door after that, two men were standing on each side of the door. Why is there so much space anyway? What was the purpose of that much space?

"Just take off your shoes, they'll handle it," Luzien took off his shoes naturally, urging me to do the same. I sort of understood why there was no shoe rack or anything like that. There's no telling where they put my shoes, it felt uncomfortable. But, I had no time to contemplate the whereabouts of my shoes because, guess what? My eyes were instantly glued to the ceiling. The ceiling had those batik and henna vibe pattern sculpted to the side frames.

Muffled talking and laughter could be heard from where were. Luzien took a deep breath, I gave his hand a squeeze as a reassuring reply to his nervousness.

With Luzien opening another door for us, I stepped into the actual living room (If you could call it that because it was a pretty vast place). Really luxurious crème couches with lamps on a white half-transparent stand to the right and a round glass table in the middle, a plant was the only thing other than the humans on the couch that stood out in the mist of all the white, crème, and brown.

The chattering died down.

"Hey, Ma, Pa," Luzien mumbled, acknowledging two out of the five people on the couches.

Only a grunt was heard from the older man in checker vest sitting directly across the position we were standing, he did not look happy. My brain put everything together and decided that he was probably the head of the family.

The older woman in long-sleeved tight fit black dress with a velvet fur shawl wrapped around her stood up, "Took you long enough to come back. Are you not going to introduce us to whoever this cutie is?"

The closer she stepped towards us, the tighter Luzien squeezed my hand. He didn't do it to a point where it was painful, my hand was just starting to get sweatier by the minute.

She had smile lines around her eyes and lips. The short curled blonde bob suited her well, there was no make-up on her face, the smile on her face was the same as Luzien's, warm and oddly welcoming.

"So, dear, tell us who you are," she reached out to me. Not a word could escape my mouth, I could not physically put together any words.

"Ma, this is Tolmer. Tol, this is my family," words from Luzien's mouth saved me from saying anything.

"Oh, honey, calm down, we're not going to murder you," she grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Luzien. "I'm Darya, just call me that."

"This is Mally, short for Malzur, he's Lulu's younger brother," ─ she pointed to the teenager with an excessive amount of eyeliner and black eye shadow in front of me as she sat me down in between a pair of twins, who were wearing the same dress shirt in different colors. She clicked her tongue, waving to the others ─ "Stop making him uncomfortable you all, it was over the moment you failed at holding that laughter of yours, Mish"