Chapter 15- Send Help? Please?

Never had I intended to let Fancy-Ass interfere with my private life, never. I did not want him to be tainted, I did not want him to look at me differently, the last thing I would do was for him to realise his broken I was. I knew he was trying his hardest to be my friend, but I was not ready for a person to think differently of me, I was certainly unprepared for him to look at the ugly me, the scared, weak, and vulnerable me. I was not ready to get hurt or to hurt.

My hands were working, yet my mind was in another place. My creativity was burning, feeding of off my negative emotions, pain and confusion only fuel my taste, my hand sketching out multiple designs. My hands, they were unstoppable, just like my mind, constantly harming itself, converting my mental pain into beauty.

My back was aching as I pressed my whole body into the wall I was leaning against. My gluteus maximus was throbbing, as if they were screaming for me to change the position I was in or at least get up from the floor. I did not bother, it was the best position to be in, to create pain, to produce more designs.

'More, draw more, Tolmer. This isn't enough! What are these? They are worth nothing! You are not doing a great job!' My brain was roaring at me, putting me down more than ever, degrading me, criticizing every stroke I made, replaying every bad decisions I had made.

The clock was ticking, the ceiling fan above me was creaking loudly, the sound of my pencil scratching the paper lightly could be heard. My mind was looping all the hate I had gotten over the years in my mind, my hand never slowing down.

I felt alone, sitting in the disorganised room, papers and cloths all around me. I felt sick, I wanted to stop but I knew if I did, my demons would whisper louder in my ear.

●◦●◦●◦

I opened my eyes lowly to the deafening ringtone of my phone. I adjusted my crooked glasses as I sat up slowly, reaching out for my phone. 'Unknown' displayed across the bright screen. With my thoughts fuzzy because of sleep, I accepted the call.

"Hello?" an unfamiliar voice greeted. "Tolmer?"

"Yeah?" I croaked.

"I hope you are doing well..."

"I'm sorry, who is this?"

"Uh, someone you have always known. But, anyway, you should forget me, you know. You have a good life now."

I was very confused at that statement but mostly, I was scared. How on Earth did-

"Also, you probably don't want to report this to the cops. I'm using a public phone. Good night, Tol." He hung up.

What? The phone call was creepy, he knew my name, he called me like 4 in the morning. He was literally asking me to forget him when I did not know him. I was perplexed and very much find the situation hard to grapple. I had got no idea where this person got my name or phone number from, it was all quite uncanny. I hated it. I stood up, gaining support by pushing up my body using the wall, my legs were asleep. I was defenceless.

I knew if anyone broke into my house, I would be no use in trying to protect myself. I hoped for the best as I switched on the lights in the living room.

Silence. Not a single soul was there, except for Samson, still on the couch. I let down my guard when I sensed that nobody was there. I dragged my heavy body sluggishly towards my couch, reaching for the remote before laying down, cuddling Samson. I hugged them tight as I turned on the television. I couldn't care less for the movie shown on the television, to me, it was just a background noise, something to make the air not so eerie.

Time was passing, my unstable emotions slowly went back to how they should have been, just like before. The credits for the movie was rolling, I was slowly slipping back into dreamland.

Yet, it was all abruptly interrupted by the sound of my ringtone.

I was frustrated, I was not going to pick up out of spite. But, whoever the caller was, they were persistent. As it rang for the fourth time, I was forced unwillingly out of the couch to get my phone that I had left on the floor of my workspace.

The blinding words 'Vava <3' was written. 'Please don't tell me who I think it is,' my heart cried bitterly.

I accepted the call.

"Bonjour, um, right, I was going to tell you about the fact that I had somehow unlocked your phone and saved my contact number," he said.

"I swear, if there is a reason for you to call me four damn times at 6.34 in the morning, you better tell me now. Hands will be thrown if this a prank," I threatened.

"Sorry, had to check up on you real quick."

"Why?"

"Weird call."

Why am I surprised?