Chapter 21- I Am Freaking Out Right Now

“His friend, eh? That’s nice. So you know everything?” setting down his glass of green tea, he gave Airi a look.

Airi nodded, “Yeah, Tol told me. Heard you were able to help, yes?”

He casually shrugged, “I don’t know about that. We might be able to find him if we tried to do it together. I mean, more people means more eyes and more clues.”

Reaching for his cup, he proceeded to take a sip, then he paused, “You’re still Tolmer, right?”

I pointed to myself, puzzled, like an idiot, “Yes? Why would I change my name?”

“Oh, it’s just that I remember the times when your brother talked about you, he’d call you Tol. But, y’know, that day at the hotel ground floor, you introduced yourself as Vi-”

I immediately cupped his mouth to stop him from talking, making Airi who sat across him confused. She shot me a ‘Do-you-want-to-talk-about-it’ look, I shook my head, mouthing ‘not now’.

“Don’t you dare talk about that night in front of her,” I said to him in a hushed tone, in hopes that he would just drop whatever he was about to say.

He looked at me, rolling his eyes, I could feel him frown. He continued to talk, even with my hand over his mouth, “You sure? You even hugged m-”

I panicked and pressed harder (Sorry, this sounds wrong), quieting him down. He raised his eyebrows holding up both his hands, surrendering, “Okay, okay, jeez, I’ll stop. Remove your hand or I’ll lick it.”

I withdrew my hand, still eyeing him like a hawk, just in case. “Anyway, back to business, how do we locate where my brother is?”

Vastel faked a gasp, “Did you just admit that he is your brother openly? Shocking!”

Sometimes, I wonder how he had become a psychologist, his sarcasm just knows no end! You get me? It amazes me how he had not thrown away his job. Then, again, I’m pretty amazed that I could keep my job, I guess, we were fated to be like this?

“Can we please, just do something serious? For five seconds?” I asked in dread, trying to steer this back to what we had come for in the first place. Vastel retreated back into his seat like a dejected child, sinking into his pink onesie. He mumbled, “Killjoy.”

“Before we start investigating though, can we keep things more…underground? It will make things clearer and neater. Not only will it be easier to find him, it would also affect the speed of this whole operation,” Vastel said, suddenly in his serious mode. “Because when you think about it, if this were to involve lots of people, conflict will surely rise.”

Both Airi and I nodded. True, things would go crazy if a lot of people try to search for one person. I had no objections, I needed to keep Fancy-Ass out of this either way, he doesn’t need to know that much.

Airi was strangely quiet. “You alright, Ai?” I asked, concerned about how well she had been taking all of this in. She looked at me, gesturing for me to get closer. She whispered into my right ear, “What about the theory about your brother calling both of you in the middle if the night? Don’t you feel like this place is bugged? Think about it, how would he had known?”

Oh, gods, how did I not consider that?