Chapter 72- Yes, Fancy Restaurants, Again, But Not For Me Only

No one tells you how loud Airi can be when she is finally out of the hospital.

"Woo, we should go for some food now. I want some ice cream," she cheered in the backseat, wriggling sideways excitedly.

"We are going, Airi, calm down," Luzien said, as calm as ever. He sighed, mumbling under his breath, "So active."

"I've been stuck in the hospital room for two days with a bag of painkiller jabbed into my arm, Lulu. Humour me a bit," she pouted. Resting her face on the front seats, she looked at me, "So, Tol, when are you moving out, actually? I feel like I should at least be there when you go, even if I can't help with the moving."

Okay, so we are having this conversation.

"I'm going this Sunday. You don't have to be there if it inconveniences you, you know? It's not like I don't want you there, it's just that your leg-"

"Tol, please, I'm the one who literally filmed the ugly side of a model and dealt with my mother single...footedly...? But, that's not the point. What I'm saying is, yes, I'll be there with my best friend when he leaves. Where are you living though? You don't really have a place to stay in Tazania, right?"

"Uh," I started fidgeting with my fingers. It's not like I haven't thought of this, it's just that the solution that was came up with was a little...

"He's staying with me until he gets a place and is stable, don't worry," Luzien saved my ass from having to say that.

She gasped, "You two are staying...together? That's actually not a bad idea. Pretty convenient for you know what if you ask me."

"Airi! So rude! Implying that we won't be busy when we get to Tazania," I pushed her away, already feeling the heat prickling my face. "We are adults with jobs, okay? Jeez."

"I mean, I'm not disagreeing with Airi for once, not gonna lie," Luzien shrugged.

"This guy knows what's up," she smirked at me, pointing at him with her thumb.

I covered my face, completely ignoring my glasses, hiding my face in an attempt to disappear from the car.

"Like you said, we are adults. Why so embarrassed?" Luzien sang, not helping with the situation.

"Okay, okay, stop already. We're here, let's just go get food, please?" I changed the subject, wanting them to drop it as the car came to a stop.

The building in front of us was covered in beige with stripes of cedar with the sign "Gustos" in black.

"Holy crap, this place is super expensive! Are you treating us or something, boss?" exclaimed Airi, placing both of her hands beneath her chin.

"Yeah, now let's go. Valet service will take care of my car," Luzien shooed her out. He looked at me, gently removing my seatbelt.

"What are you doing? I don't have any broken bones, you know?" I looked away, grabbing the seatbelt.

"Yeah, but I wanna be able to get close enough to do this."

He leaned in and pecked me on my lips.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing, just felt like kissing you."

"I'm actually still here, guys. Can we go now? Because I'll actually throw up if this gets any further. Also, the valet is here," Airi cut in on us.

●◦●◦●◦

Yeah, I wish I wore something better that day. I felt, not underdress, no, I felt like a peasant with the atmosphere around us. You would think that the exterior design of this place was enough to scream fancy and intimidate people on average, but no, kill that thought right now, because the interior will kill you with the design.

A huge ring of chandelier hung from the ceiling, emitting low orange light. The floor was made out of reflective black marble with splashes of white, making me see my messy self in nothing except ripped skinny jeans and a random T-shirt. I wanted to disappear.

"Why is no one here? It would be packed with people at this time, even if it's a Friday. It's 12.50 p.m. It's literally lunch time," Airi punched Luzien's elbow lightly, her clutches swayed a little with her arm. "You pulled some strings, didn't ya?"

Did I realize that? No. Was I distracted by how much of a hot mess I looked like? Yes, I was traumatized by that one time I was brought to Felciao without my knowledge. (Note that I was also underdressed that time and it was jam-packed with really high- class, out of my league people.)

He smiled, saying nothing.

"Oh my gods, you totally did, didn't you? Holy hell, dude. One dish in this place is already what I use in a week. How on Earth did you even manage to reserve the whole restaurant? How much did this even cost?" Airi was full on tugging his sleeve, putting almost all her weight on her clutches and her good leg, expressing her endless shock.

"Please, come this way to be seated," the waiter waited for Airi to finish her shocked series of questioning before showing us the way to our table.

She left after we were all seated, without forgetting to help Airi put away her clutches.

"Is she...not going to take our orders or give us like menus? Or something?" Airi turned to us, covering half her face.

"Hi, I'll be serving you today," a voice called out.

Luzien's face changed.