Chapter 7- The Whole World Is Getting Interrupted

It turns out that I had forgotten about my cracked glasses and had been walking around with it all day. I guess Airi did not notice it, or she would have pointed it out for me. Whatever it was, my heart skipped a beat when he reached up to my face. To my disappointment, he did it just to remove my zebra stripped glasses (Fashionable, I know.). It wasn't too damage to be honest, it was just a small crack at the upper right corner of my right side frame.

"You probably shouldn't be wearing this," he said. Yeah, I guess it was sort of embarrassing for him to bring someone with cracked zebra stripped glasses. He continued, "I hope that you didn't damage your face by wearing this. It might cut you or something."

That, was unexpected. I made a sound of agreement, realising that I had accidentally judged him too quickly once again. 'Hey, he might be your boss but hey seems nice,' my heart said.

'Yeah, that's because he wants to hire you and stuff. Bet he was actually embarrassed by your idiocy. Plus, he probably treats everyone like this, you aren't that special,' my brain argued.

Of course, I listened to my brain. That's right, why would he be so nice to me if not asking me to go to HQ in Tazania? He knew that it was a 7-hour ride from the branch I was in. It must be his way of buttering me up.

I took my glasses back from him, muttering a silent thank you. He smiled. He looked different when he smiled. I liked it whenever he smiled, it was as if it's the rarest phenomenon in the world that only I knew about. So I started to wonder if he smiled at anyone like how he smiled at me. I hated the idea, I didn't want anyone to see him smile like that. I was being selfish and I was getting dangerously greedy, I did not want to share his beautiful smile with anyone.

I reckon that I must have stared at him for quite an uncomfortable amount of time, for he asked, "Are you okay? Is there something on my face?"

He eyes so wide with eager to know, his head tilted to the right. I could not help but stutter the reply, "N-no, of course not."

He kept staring at me, like he was signing for me to go on. I gulped, "I-"

"What would you two like to order?" the waitress interrupted.

'There goes your chance to ask him if he treats everybody this way,' my brain sneered.

The day was an emotion roller coaster, and I just wanted to collapse on my bed so I could cry as soon as possible.

I watched him as he ordered two sets of medium rare steak. Guess he just assumed that I wanted it or something. I was fine with it, I was not particularly picky with my food. I just wanted this pain to end.

"Are you sure you are alright, Mr. Senikos?" he asked when the waitress left the table along with menus and our orders.

"Mhm." I hummed immediately, not wanting to worry him.

"You were saying?"

"What?"

"Before the waitress came, you were saying something. What was it?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

"No, no, do continue,"

So I decided to make up the dumbest excuse. "Sorry, I forgot what I wanted to say," I told him, rubbing my left eye

"Oh, that's fi-"

"Hey, there Lulu!" a man wearing a yellow suit with bright red tie exclaimed. He hugged Fancy-Ass (Yes, I'm still calling him that) like he was his long lost brother. I covered up my distaste for his tie once he turned his head to look at me. I could see the amusement light up in his eyes. Smirking, he looked at Fancy-Ass and asked, "Is this your new toy, Lulu?"