Chapter 20- Cool Onesie?

To be frank, I was relief that nothing had happened during work hours. Everything was kept professional, Fancy-Ass was in his office doing his paperwork, Airi and I were both working our asses off trying to deal with models and design ideas, everyone was busy. It all felt pretty great. I felt blessed to finally be working normally after days of complicated shit. I swear, I would never want to complain about anything in my life if everything stayed normal. Of course, that was what I wanted, and we don't get what we want very often in life.

After 5 p.m. was when the magic faded and everything in my pathetic life went back to being messy and troublesome. Great, just great.

"So... Who are we meeting?" Airi asked, as she was packing up her things alongside me.

"You'll see," was all I told her.

She clung onto my arm as we walked out of the building. I made a call to Vastel, hoping that he wasn't angry. After all, he was what I needed to find my brother, I needed to be on his good side.

"Hello? Vastel?" I asked as soon as the call connected.

"Ah, mi amigo, I was waiting for your call. You've calmed down now, yes?"

Ignoring the fact that he called me his 'amigo' and that he could potentially be mocking me, I said, "I have someone I would like you to meet. I'm bringing her to your house. Is that fine with you?"

"Oh, it's a her. Who is she? Your girlfriend? Hmm? You know who would be heartbroken to hear that? I know Lulu would."

"No, she is not my girlfriend, I'm gay. And, Fa- I mean, Mr. Kaiser has nothing to do with this."

"Okay. Whatever you say."

"I'm serious, are you home or not?"

"I thought you were Tolmer , and, yes, I am home."

Out of spite, I hung up on him. Can you believe that I actually felt bad for hanging up on him this morning?

"He sounds like a fun person," Airi interrupted my thoughts.

"Hah, I wish," I replied while stopping a taxi.

"You don't normally stop a taxi, where are we going?"

"La Gente."

She nodded as we hopped onto the taxi, "That's a fancy place. Anything I should know about this person?"

I told the driver the address before saying, "Eh, this person is fine. He is a part of the reason why I'm so weird these few days."

"Good way or bad way?"

"Good way, don't worry, I'll tell you. I've kept you in the dark for too long."

●◦●◦●◦

She looked at me in disbelief, "So, you're telling me, that you had a brother who murdered you parents, and is an ex-prisoner. Is that what I just heard?"

I pursed my lips, "Yeah. I'm sorry this disgusted you, didn't it."

"No, no, honey, no. I had no idea how much you've through. Don't be sorry, I understand why it was so hard for you to tell me," she surprised me with a hug.

I could hear my voice crack a little, "Thanks, Airi, you're the best you know that?"

We got down the car once we had arrived. Perhaps it was out of sympathy because he had heard what I had said, the driver told me, "Good luck with your problems, son. I know it's not my place to say anything, but I hope all goes well."

Then, he drove off. I guess, there are humans out there who are really wholesome, that's why humanity still exists. I smiled to myself, 'Okay, I still have a little hope in humanity.'

I led Airi to the lift and pressed the button to the floor where Vastel lived. I looked at her, "You okay?"

"I should be asking you that," she replied softly. "I'm glad that you trust me enough to open up to me."

"You deserve to know, alright? Now let's go meet Vastel." I took her hand, walking towards Vastel's place.

"Right, time to meet this person who has been helping you."

I smiled at her as I knocked on the door, "Yeah."

A woman in a maid costume opened the door. When she saw us, she turned, "Master, they're here. I will be going now."

She then just left without a word. Airi and I looked at each other in visible confusion, neither of us knew what just happened. I could hear Vastel yelling, "Just come in, don't worry about it."

So we did. We were instantly greeted by Vastel in a bright pink unicorn onesie. "So, what's up?"