Chapter 37- Talking, Lots of Talking

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Yeah, I know. Okay, so, this morning I actually had an appointment with one of my clients. I was walking on the sidewalk, minding my own business until a random person bumped into me so I looked up, like anyone would only to see that she was running in high heels across the street. My first instinct was to catch up to her and maybe call you guys after I got to her. But, my blind ass forgot to check if there are cars before crossing. And, that was how I got this cast on me now."

"Oh, that's so bad, you shouldn't have done that! Jeez, seriously, look after yourself. What am I going to do without you? Goodness." I hit her good hand lightly.

Dramatically, she fake fainted, "Oh, no, now my other hand is broken too! Whatever will I do?"

I rolled my eyes as I asked if she had insurance to claim since she couldn't be working with her good hand broken.

She shrugged, as if her hand being casted wasn't a big deal, "Of course I do, I come prepared. If I can't ever use my hand again, you'll just have to take care of me."

"Hell, no. That is not happening, you better heal and not say that. I'm not taking care of you. I would die before you do," I joked.

Suddenly, she sat up, placing her chin on her good hand, looked me in the eyes. "Vastel told me you had to leave to get Luzien. I'm guessing things didn't go well?"

I couldn't get out a single word after the question. I pursed my lips, looked down and tried to smile. I guess that I just didn't like the fact that she had hit a nerve so quickly. She sighed, pulled me close with her hand, closing up the space between us. I wrapped my arms around her in return, searching for some kind of comfort.

"I know it's hard for you to open up to people, I get that. It's just that sometimes, when the right person comes along, never let go of them. I know it scares you and it takes a lot of courage to let people in. I know you never want to get hurt again, but sometimes, it's inevitable, sometimes, it's just a part of growing. And, sometimes, we have to make choices that are risky for our happiness, for your happiness," she said, patting my head.

I smiled, "You are so wise, at times it shocks me. Are you even Airi?"

She let go of me after hearing what I had said, "Shut up, I have brain cells too. But, seriously though, your happiness is incredibly important."

"Yeah, yeah. I get that. You gotta remember though, I still have to find my brother, I still have a ton of work to do, deadlines to face, people to deal with. The amount of stress can be suffocating. I'll just have to think about romance later."

"Sure, go at your own pace, but, you know, the time is always ticking. He'll be here for only a month. Then who knows what will happen?"

"Exactly, who knows. What if we finally go together and his parents judge him? Or assassinate the people I love out of spite because their son is dating me?"

"You've been watching too much TV," she facepalmed.

"They're rich! You never know. We aren't even on the same level."

"Tol, seriously? You are scared of that? If he loves you, he'll accept and protect you."

"How are you so sure?"

"Tol, let me remind you that your friend here is asexual."

"So?"

"The amount of relationships I had to walk away from are mainly because of my sexual orientation is just absurd. They get offended because of my lack of sexual attraction. That, my friend, is just so annoying and that is when you know, they don't love you for you."

"Oh, yeah, I kinda forgot about those. Whoops?"

"Oh, wow, you forgot that your friend is ace? Wow, Tol."

"I mean, does it matter? Ace or not? You could be a blob and I'd still be your friend," I raised my eyebrows to exaggerate my point. It was true, I'd love her either way.

She instantly changed the subject, "Have you had dinner yet?"

"No?"

"Go get some food then, I'll be fine. I'm getting discharged in a few days."

"Sure, I'll come get you then?" I asked her before stepping out.

She nodded before urging me to go. I guess she got a bit tired from all the talking, she was a patient after all.

I opened the door to see a bag of clothes and biscuits sitting on the floor. I had no idea who it was from at all.

I was so concentrated at examining the bad that I failed to notice Vastel's presence.

He asked, "Oh, so Luzien came?"