Chapter 62- Give Me Back My Sleep

"So, uh, you wanna talk about the dream you were having? You were literally crying and trembling at the same time. That was concerning," he breathed, lightly grazing over the small of my back, making me shiver at his touch.

My head resting on his bare chest, listening to his calming heartbeat, I closed my eyes.

I sighed, "Just, y'know, I guess, I can't get over the fact that you picked me over so many better people. I'm just scared that you'd regret this decision."

He reached up, resting his hand on my head. "I would never regret my decisions, especially not this one. Trust me, alright? We would do just fine."

I looked up at him, "Really? Are you sure? You don't want to reconsider or rethink this?"

"Of course" ─ he placed his hand onto my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb ─ "I should be the one who is scared of losing you. I don't expect you to just go with what I have. I literally just came into your life, looked up your private information, waited for you in front of your door half the time, and declared my love for you right after my grandmother's death in front of a café. I'm surprised that you didn't consider me a creep."

"Eh, you're only my creep, right?" I pushed my face into his hand, the rough textures could be felt.

He let out a laugh, "Obviously."

"Ya creep."

"You should meet my parents or something," he said, it was so casual, it caught me off guard.

I choked on my spit. (Nice way of protesting, Tolmer, wow.) "What?"

"Yeah, just, meet them for a bit and stuff. It's alright if you don't want to though."

"No, it's fine, it's just this is moving really fast. I'm not prepared for this. Let me remind you that I try not to think about parents too much?"

"I know, I thought, maybe I could share mine, since you know, that happened to you and all."

"I- I don't know what to say," I groaned in distress, covering my head with the blankets that were on top of our unclothed bodies, rolling away from him.

"You're going to do fine, don't overthink it," he assured, hugging my burrito-ed body, the only thing stopping us from the once skin-on-skin contact was the thin sheet I had wrapped around my body.

The rays of sunlight slowly started peeking through the gaps of the curtains. Neither of us got any sleep.

"Not having to work today is the best," he cuddled up to me. "We can stay in bed all day."

●◦●◦●◦

My vision was still blurry with sleep.

I thrashed around, wanting to escape his secure grip around my waist. He was still asleep, yet it seemed as if he took no effort in tightening his arms.

"Stop it," he mumbled, having no intentions on waking up at all.

The fast-paced of my door bell being rung could be heard from the room. I was getting impatient listening to the irritatingly profuse ringing.

"Luzien, c'mon, there's someone at the door, you have to let me go get it," I whined for the fifth time in a row, hoping that it would work with my persistence.

"Just leave them be, I don't feel like feel like letting you go. It's probably just your neighbour wanting to complain about the noise you made last night."

My face felt like it was being lit on fire. Why on earth would he say that?

"Just let me get the door, please?" I poked him in the face.

"Fine, remember to wear some pants," he said, before letting go of me. I rolled my eyes at his comment, grabbing my glasses and some clothes.

I opened the door, only to see Ceb asking a seemingly aggravated Vastel to calm down.

"Took you long enough," Vastel huffed. "Is Lulu here?"

I nodded.

"Great, we need something from him."